Welcome to Conlin Chaos
Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Saturday, August 25, 2007
I Scream, You Scream, We all Scream....
Today we celebrated Ben's fifth birthday, yes, that sweet little thing is actually turning FIVE! When we woke up this morning we heard the pitter-patter of rain on the roof, and I almost decided not to get out of bed, knowing that in five hours, 12 four and five-year-olds would be decending upon our little house, with a soggy backyard that was not fit to play in! Maybe if I just hid out in bed they would all go....but no, I could not break little Benny's heart that way, so we began discussing plan B. Fortunately, the weather decided to end its cruel game: the rain stopped, and it even dried out in time for the party (and waited to start back up again until half-an-hour after the party ended). Ben had requested an ice cream sundae themed party, so we played a couple of ice cream themed games, made some pretty wicked sundaes, destroyed a pinata, and had a grand ol' time! When it was over, Ben expressed the joy his delicious party gave him, then promptly asked how long until his next birthday.
Pin the Cherry on the Sundae
The whole kit-n-kaboodle! What a great group of kids!
We let Ben build his sundae first so he could blow out his candles before we all dug in. I think it was torture for the rest of the group...the waiting was almost unbearable!!!
Make a wish! I can't believe he is FIVE! I love this picture because Papa had to literally hold Josh back from taking Ben's sundae himself. You can see the vengeful desperation in his eyes.
The dang pinata wouldn't break, so after all the kids had a turn, we took the blindfold off and just let Ben wail at it. The thing finally gave, thank goodness, but a couple of kids had grown tired of waiting and had gone to play on the play set, we had to call them back over before all the candy had been snatched up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Elyssa had lots of fun! Happy Birthday Ben!
Kids' parties are the best. I remember my favorite party was in fifth grade when my mom had some cheerleaders from the high school come in uniform and teach us some cheers. We thought we were so cool!! Too bad we don't still get to do fun things like that for birthdays. I guess that's why we have kids!
Post a Comment