Monday the kids were off school for MLK Jr. Day. And it was GORGEOUS! They spent the first half of the day playing in the sunshine...in shorts. In my opinion it wasn't warm enough at all for shorts, only the mid-50's, but the boys figured that was plenty warm and I didn't want to fight it. Although, if I had, the scrape would probably have been much less significant. Yes, it is official. Just before lunch Josh was awarded the first sunny day scrape of 2011 for questionable maneuvers over a patch of left-over slush on his bike. He only shed a few tears and let me clean it up nicely. It was a pretty big knee scrape, with an elbow scrape to match. He's a tough little guy! He even smiled for the picture.

The kids spent the rest of the day inside even though I encouraged them to go back out. I guess a raspberry like that just puts a damper on the joy of the sun. So instead the boys and I gave the new treadmill a go, played a wicked game of Lego Ramses' Pyramid (man, that game has a lot of specific directions!) and some Super Mario Bros. Wii. And then I made an early dinner, spicy Thai peanut noodles with tofu...even Luke ate it, shocker! I think the time outside in the sun had put them all in great moods and it was a really nice afternoon/evening.
To finish off the day here's a funny little story. After dinner and family night, I had to take Zach to his soccer "speed and agility" camp, so we all piled in the car and off we went. When I arrived at the facility where Zach's camp was held the parking spots were all full, and I was just dropping him off, so I pulled into one of the handicapped parking spots, parked, and walked Zach to the door. When I got back to the car Luke said, "Mom! You can go to the bathroom in those trees!" I was taken aback. I had remembered seeing a group of young teen boys leaving the building as we pulled up, had they decided to go to the bathroom in the trees in front of my children?! I was only 20 feet away from them, why would they do that?! So I asked, "What do you mean, Luke?" He replied, "See the sign? It says you can go to the bathroom right there in those trees!" Then I realized he meant the handicapped parking sign that was posted right in front of the trees. He had mistaken the little wheel on the stick-man wheelchair for a toilet! A nearly needed to use the trees for a bathroom with how hard I was laughing. I can totally see it! I will never be able to look at those signs the same way again. I love how the 3-year-old mind works!
7 comments:
Too funny!
Oww to Josh, and belly laugh to you (I was going to say Luke, but he was serious). Keep the wonderful stories coming! Xxoo
Wow! Good job Joshie! Glad you are ok. I don't think I will ever look at those signs the same either. I can totally see why he would think that.
I love that story! It reminded me of Isabella telling us that we needed to watch out for reindeer after passing a watch out for deer sign! Love those kids!
That is so great. I love the things that little boys or girls can get from a sign or something else. I never would have thought of that.
That takes the cake!
Poor Josh, dinner sounds yummy.
Post a Comment