In the week leading up to Christmas, Luke was feeling a bit of the "super" inside himself straining to be free. He did not shrink from it, he did not ignore it, he embraced it! Every day found him dressed as Batman, Flash, or both, alternating endlessly every ten minutes. Batman and Flash mostly hung around at the house, but even when we had to leave they would accompany us on our errand. It was nice having either/or around for a bit, they are both very entertaining superheroes, and quite helpful too.


Every super hero needs a sidekick, so of course Luke liked it best when someone would play with him. I was not a suitable choice because "you're too big for the hat, Mom." But when an older brother wouldn't oblige, he resorted to allowing Tommy to play the part. Tommy loved being included, or perhaps it was just that he liked being able to wear the hat.

Playing superhero boosted Luke's confidence too. So much so that he had no qualms about butting into other people's family photos.

And he was also not too shy to run to the door with his brothers to sing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" when we dropped off Christmas goodies to friends. Even if it meant that our friends were confused for a second or two about which holiday they were supposed to be celebrating until Luke
handed over a treat instead of
asking for one.


It's nice having you around Batman/Flash! You are welcome to join our family any time. And don't worry, the secret of your alter ego is safe with me, dear Luke. Even without the costume, you are always super in my book!
...Oops, I guess I just blew your cover by putting this on the blog! Oh well, sorry kiddo!
2 comments:
He was way too cute, esp. passing out the puppy chow, which he told everyone about. :)
Oh Luke I love you so much!! When I saw the picture of him on Shaina's blog I just kept flashing back to Josh in that costume the year all the kids were super heros. "Jen I'm the flash, I run super fast" You are right Max is so much like Luke. They are definitely kindred spirits.
Post a Comment