Welcome to Conlin Chaos
Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Preschool Expanding
This week in preschool the kids and I talked about, created and played with puppets. We had puppet shows using a make-shift cardboard box puppet theater and all of our books this week were told by puppets. It was a pretty fun week. Why am I telling you this, you ask? Because one of the unexpected things that I have found that I love about teaching preschool at the house is the influence it has on the bigger boys.
Inspired by the preschool theme for the week, Ben, Zach and Josh decided that a great after-school activity today would be to make their own sock puppets. Who am I to stifle creativity and imagination?! They came out so cute and they've been playing with them all afternoon. They even have names (L to R): Sockol (Ben's), Sock-a-Doodle (Josh's), and Socker (Zach's).

And I just had to include a picture of tonight's sunset taken from our front porch! Beautiful, tranquil, inspiring, jubilant! It added an extra stretch to the smile I've been wearing all day...Adam is coming home after five days working in Texas! Hooray!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
No wonder the boys are so creative. Look at who their mother is! Not only do you create amazing activities, you allow everyone to explore their own creativity!!
The puppets are great! I have preschool at our house once every five weeks, and I freak out every time from lack of ideas. You amaze me.
And the sunset..."you're killing me smalls!"
The puppets are great! I have preschool at our house once every five weeks, and I freak out every time from lack of ideas. You amaze me.
And the sunset..."you're killing me smalls!"
Gorgeous sunset! How fun for Adam to be coming home for the weekend. I love Friday nights and relaxing at home with my favorite people. Enjoy!
Sounds like one of those days that just makes you smile and appreciate how blessed your life is. I like those days.
Post a Comment