Since today is Grandparent's Day and we recently had the joyous occasion of having all four of our children's grandparents here at one time, I have to declare to the world that my kids have the BEST grandparents! Seriously, Grandma Nic and Grandpa Dan, and Nana and Papa should be put in the Grandparent Hall of Fame. Having them all visit for Ben's baptism weekend was such a joy, such bliss, such fun! The boys think the world of them and suck every moment out of their visits, so that the grandparents return home to Washington feeling exhausted from non-stop boy attention but also deeply loved by five little Colorado boys. Same goes for our visits there. The boys are always asking when they get to see their grandparents again.
The love they have for our boys and for us and the pleasure they get spending time with the kids is felt by us all. I couldn't ask for more than to have my boys know how much they are loved, not just by Adam and I, but by their grandparents too. They encourage the boys in all their endeavors and never fail to show them a good time. They are friends and fans, guides and supporters for our whole family.
The kids aren't the only ones who enjoy their company. Adam and I love them so much too and appreciate their support, friendship and love for our family. I am constantly calling with questions and needing advice, and Adam does too. That they made the time in their busy lives to come out for Ben's baptism is such a blessing to us and to Ben. Plus, they love to help when they can. From playing with the crabby baby and making dinner, to watching the boys do their endless "look-what-I-can-do's" and cleaning dishes, I always feel like I have multiple Mary Poppinses here to help, snapping their fingers and "magically" making everything easier. I even recruited Nicolle and my Mom in helping me make more strawberry jam and some peach jam too while they were here. It was fun to be in the kitchen, us three gals.
We are all sad that the most recent visit is over and feel the hole where they are missing. We are trying to convince them to come again as quickly as possible! Here's a few pictures from their visit that I haven't yet posted.


4 comments:
Such awesome grandparents...your kids are sooo lucky.
I love all your parents. Can I adopt them all.
Just got a little teary. They are the best!
You all make sooo easy to be good grandparents, because you are all wonderful and sooo easy to love! XXOO
Post a Comment