Welcome to Conlin Chaos
Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Some Things You Should Know About Tommy: Six Months...Yeah, You Read That Right...SIX!
1. Tommy has mastered taking his binky out of his mouth, and is able to get it back in again as long as he doesn't drop it, but then he just pulls it out again anyway.
2. Tommy is not sitting yet, whenever I try to get him to work on this particular skill he just ends up spitting up whatever curdled nastiness is still in his tummy and then I have to clean it all up so he just goes back on his back or tummy.
3. The look I get from Tommy when I enter his line of sight is my favorite look in the world. His face lights up, I get a huge smile, often accompanied by a squeal, it makes me feel so warm and fuzzy. On that same note, when I leave his line of sight I usually get wails of dismay and general grumpiness. I do not feel the slightest bit unhappy about needing to be near to him all the time in order to keep the smile on his face.
4. The thumb sucking has been abandoned completely. {sigh} Oh well, it would be much easier for now, but more difficult for the future, so I guess it's a wash.
5. I love the color of his eyes, the are a hot-cocoa-made-with-milk color in the center and a gray-cornflower-blue around the edges.
6. 75% of his waking hours are spent blowing raspberries. He is constantly soaked in spitty drool. I don't mind because it's so cute and he's so proud of himself for doing it!!! Except when he does it when he wakes up in the middle of the night. Then that sound just tells me he's wide awake. It's not so cute then. Other new sounds include the high-pitched squeal and deep throat growl.
7. Tommy's chubby wrist rolls, non-existent neck, grape-like toes and four leg rolls are the sweetest, squishiest, best places to nibble, and when you do he will usually award you with a little Tommy-style giggle. Tommy's giggle is kind of like a wheezy old man, silent, with air behind it, and a gentle chuckle at the end.
8. Tommy smells so yummy! What is that smell that babies have that is so delicious? Sour milk mingled with mommy's perfume mixed with vanilla lotion added to that inexplicable baby fragrance that just seems to be a part of their DNA. I love it!
9. Tommy is still up at least 3 times a night to eat, but his naps are going really well. If he's sleepy, I can just lay him down, even if he's still awake, and he will just nod off. I just wish he'd transfer that day sleep goodness to nighttime a little bit. The first part of the night is best. He usually sleeps from about 7:30pm to 2am without waking up, but then he's up every 1.5 to 2 hours. {yawn!}
10. Tommy's arms may only look like they are 10 inches long, but I swear he can reach up to 2 feet away! And everything he grabs goes directly into his mouth.
11. Tommy is super wiggly on the floor and I love how he looks up and over the back of his shoulder when he's on his back, his body is just so adorable. Well, that is, it's cute unless I am trying to change his diaper. He's so interested in the new things around him, especially in how they taste! Once he gets moving I think he's going to keep me on my toes!
12. On his tummy, Tommy can slowly spin himself to the left or right about 90 to 110 degrees over the course of several minutes. He also likes to try and eat the floor.
13. While his "opinions" on things are getting more vociferous, Tommy's still a contented, happy little guy who likes to share a smile with just about anyone he meets!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
He is a sweet and happy boy!! Happy six months, Tommy!
He's just absolutely gorgeous and REALLY reminds me of Josh.
Wow! What a cute, cute baby! He looks like he has such a sweet disposition. Those eyes and cheeks are sweet!
After getting to experience it first hand for 4 awesome days I can say that it is all right on. He is such a cutie pie!
Seriously - six months has gone way too fast! Glad to know mine is not the only kid that spits up when sitting. I wish our boys could meet, though I fear Josh would get lost in Tommy's wonderfully chubby arms and legs. Yum!
I want to eat him! Seriously, nibble him to tiny little bits! He is so cute I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!
I can't wait to nibble that neck, but then he'll be 7 months! Time flies too fast.
Karl is the same way at night- he LOVES eating. I'm not too worried, but exhausted :)
Just so you know, I don't throw comments like this around to all the babies. Tommy is adorable. One of the cutest babies I've ever seen.
Post a Comment