Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just The Reaction I Was Hoping For

You have no idea how happy I am to see this:And this:
The open mouth, the big smile, the shoving of his hands in his mouth attempting to keep that delicious goodness of mushy rice and pumped milk in...such the opposite of the reaction we got the last time we tried to start solid foods. Tommy LOVED food! Yipee!!!!!!

We had been waiting because he was such a happy nurser and putting on weight beautifully. He was healthy and satisfied, and to be quite honest I was a little scared to attempt a foray into the world of solids too early. We've had such an awful food experience with Luke that I just didn't want to push Tommy in any way. But in the weeks since his stomach bug cleared up, Tommy has seemed insatiable. He is hungry all the time. He wants to nurse all night and all day. I think he's trying to get back on track weight wise! And I am happy to help with that, but it just seemed that he wanted more. And he watches us eat, smacking his lips, our hands moving the fork from plate to mouth. So Monday we went for it. And I think we have success!!!

I'm bustin' out the Cuisinart...it's time to make some food!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Yay Tommy!! What a relief. I still remember Luke spitting out rice at us at PF Changs that one time. Tommy and Max can have feeding races this summer.

The Siple Family said...

The second picture with the spoon still in Tommy's mouth is darling!

Candace said...

YEA! I'm not surprised. I remember when I was there how he watched food go into my mouth and mimicked my lips. It's amazing watching the development of wee ones, and watching their brains gather and grow!

Shaina said...

We are contemplating this next step as well. Hope it goes as positively as it did with Tommy!!

maynardmoments said...

Adorable! He looks like he could just burst with joy. Cracked me up.
You are making me so baby hungry (no pun intended) I might just go crazy.

Team Sax said...

Karl gets his first taste of solids tomorrow! I am very excited to see how he likes it. He looks so happy to be eating- maybe Karl will be the same way!

Alissa Maxwell said...

I'm glad to hear this because we tried with Josh with the exact opposite result. Food went on the tongue and just sat there - no chew or swallow. This helps me confirm that he's just not ready yet.