Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

3.14

Chicken Pot...{Heavenly} Dutch Apple...
Sir Cumference and The Dragon of...
Pi!!!!!

If I wasn't a shoe-in for the Dorkiest Mother of the Year Award already, I've got it in the bag now!

When Zach came home Friday afternoon with an assignment for Monday that would help his class celebrate International Pi Day (Sunday), I got excited. I got inspired! See, the first three numbers of the mathematical symbol "pi" are 3.14, and thus the day to celebrate it would be March 14th. Right? It makes perfect sense! So I had to have in on the action.

Pi. Sunday afternoon we discussed what it is, why it is significant, had a contest to see who could memorize the most numbers, read books about it, and ate it! WE LOVE PI..especially the eating part.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I already read of a mom doing a very similar thing like this. Her excuse for her nerdiness was a math teacher as a husband. Both posts cracked me up. Only her kids were too young to understand.

Julz said...

my hubby was reminding me about pie day a week before. I however forgot to buy a pie he was not happy sunday that he had to go without.

Dan and Katie said...

Cleverest mom of the year award maybe!!

Jen said...

you are such a nerd :) but its one of the many reasons I love you so much.

Cailean said...

How FUN! I wish we hadn't had some distracting issues going on or we would have thought to celebrate the day too. But not as yummily or cleverly as you! I will look into that book - it looks great for our math-loving kiddo.

Rachel Elaine said...

You're awesome!
Last year, I told myself I was going to remember this year . . . oh, well, there's always next year right!
I just love all the amazing stuff you do as a family.

The Ahlstrom Family said...

Dorkiest mom?? NO WAY! Amazing mom? Definitely! Very cool idea1

The Siple Family said...

Yes, you are the greatest mom ever!

ashley said...

cute apple pie, cute colleen!

Alissa Maxwell said...

And thank you NHS math teachers. Yes, we will fully be celebrating Pi Day when my kids are old enough to appreciate it. My friend Jill (she teaches math) has Pi Day T-shirt - it has the symbol of Pi on the front made out of TINY numbers... 3.1415...

If I find one, I'll buy us both one.

Candace said...

PI! I love it! What fun! Even though it took me a moment to figure it out :)