Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Josh Goes to High Trails

And now, for a bit on High Trails, I give you...Josh!

     I had an awesome time at High Trails. My favorite parts were when I hiked A, B, and C bluff in one day, going to the Interbarn, and laying under the stars.
     A, B and C bluff are the 3 highest peaks in the area of High Trails. We (me and my mountaineer group) hiked all three in one day. It was a blast.
     The Interbarn is where a bunch of sciencey stuff is. We rotated around stations. I even got to go to a place called "the Freezer," where we got to hold a bunch of dead, frozen animals.
     Last but not least, the High Trails staff that was assigned to my cabin was really cool. Our counselor was named Cody; he gave us s'mores and let us sit under the stars. When we were looking at the stars, you could see EVERYTHING! I saw the tendrils of the Milky Way, the full moon, a bunch of planets, and too many stars to count.
     In conclusion, I had an awesome time, and want to give a big thanks to all those who made it possible.

Pictures from Josh's camera:

 Classic Sophie on the bus.

 B bluff from ground view.

 Selfie with me and Riley.



Kate with a pretty good poker face.

 Inside the pavilion.

 The dining pavilion where we eat food.



 On top of B bluff with my Mountaineer group.

 SELFIE!!!

 Me, my field trip buddy, Riley, and our High Trails staff member, Cody.



No comments: