Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Monday, February 2, 2009

Only Available for Trade


For trade only, one 1998 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan.

Special Features include:

  • Fabulous clicking sound in dash board that initiates at times of its choosing, however, will not come on while being serviced, so no one knows what it is. Mysteries are so fun!
  • Similar shocks to those used on a mini-bus; only a mere $600 each to replace! Why do you need this feature? It's great for off-roading in your minivan!
  • 180,000 miles, and then some! A true classic!
  • Rear brake light that has been out for months because current owner can't seem to remember to replace it. This is a wonderful conversation starter!
  • Sour milk and dog smell lingers even after a deep clean and power vacuum. Delicious!
  • Flare storage located directly beside rear passenger seat as seen below. Ideal for families with curious Kindergartners.
  • Many one-of-a-kind sticky spots on seats that will not come off regardless of how hard you scrub. Unique feature adds value!
  • Original tan leather seats with found-only-in-this-car added bonus of dark brown creases from seeing too many butts! Hurry...this is a highly prized feature to true minivan connoisseurs!

Guarantees:

  • Will cost you at least $1000+ ("+" being the key part of the equation) per visit to the auto shop. Sweet!
  • Will require visits to the auto shop at least every three to six months. Sweeter!
  • Will make you furious every three to six months due to costs required for repairs. Great for those with high blood pressure or fixed budgets!
  • Ulcers will develop within 18 months. Sweetest!
  • Will fetch you no more than $900 Blue Book Value! No crazy net-gain taxes to worry about there!

Acceptable Trades:

  • 2009 Honda Odyssey with a warranty.
  • 2008 Hyundai Entourage with a warranty.
  • Any other brand new vehicle that comfortably seats six or more (oh yeah, must have a warranty).

Come get it while the gettin's good!!! No? Oh well, it was worth a try.

18 comments:

runningfan said...

It's really a tragedy that you missed this sweet deal: http://angieinpink.blogspot.com/2008/03/blaze.html

It would have been an excellent trade.

Camille said...

Lols on the trade...loved your friendship/D.C. post. Friends are one of the reasons we can keep on going.

ashley said...

Oh boy, kids really do a number on cars, don't they?! We got all these really durable rubber mats when I bought my car in an effort to preserve the carpet and not three months later, the kids found the teeny, tiny area not covered by mats and left a bunch of crayons to melt right there. It's just lovely. Of course it was the dark crayons...brown, purple, black. sigh.

ashley said...

This reminded me of a part of the "Are you ready to be a parent list?" someone sent me awhile ago...here is the part about the car:

Lesson 6
Forget the BMW and buy a mini-van. And don't think that you can leave it out in the driveway spotless and shining. Family cars don't look like that.
1. Buy a chocolate ice cream cone and put it in the glove compartment. Leave it there.
2. Get a dime. Stick it in the CD player.
3. Take a family size package of chocolate cookies. Mash them into the back seat. Sprinkle cheerios all over the floor, then smash them with your foot.
4. Run a garden rake along both sides of the car.

Platteborze Possy said...

You are hilarious!!! If you ever get to trade, I would go for the Honda Odyssey!! Good Luck!

Rachel Elaine said...

I love your sense of humor! I wish I had a snappy reply, but I am genetically lacking in the humor department. Have you ever met my dad?
Either way, thanks for the chuckle.

Shaina said...

Oh bugger. I just picked up a glorious vehicle from the city dump. What was I thinking with your sweet gem ready for the taking?

So if you don't get any takers (I can't imagine why not...) are you going to bite the bullet and get a new van?

Trinette McCrary said...

Wow, your so funny. You are a trooper. I love my Honda Odyssey. I was lucky to end up with my Honda. I was in a car accident pregnant with my 3rd (Aivan), I had to have him a month early and my car was totaled. Nathan was not to hip on buying a brand new van, but I told him I wanted a reliable car. Nathan felt horrible about the accident( I was alone in the car thankfully) for me, so he gave in and we got a good deal. It has been a great purchase, and no problems.

Cailean said...

Way too hilarious but man you guys have been through the ringer with that. You definitely need something reliable for all of your adventures!

Jones said...

uh huh! ...very very funny!

maynardmoments said...

lol! Great post. It is amazing what kids, a dog, and a lot of miles can do to a vehicle. It sure has a lot of character though!

The Mitchells said...

Cars can be so annoying, we have to take our Murano in AGAIN, because our "service engine" light is on again for the fifth time in five months. Not to mention the clicking sound we've had SINCE we got it fixed. Lovely. Car troubles are just what you want right after buying as much house as you can afford. :)
Margaret

kendra said...

Seriously? Adam needs to take an auto mechanic's class or something! What a pain. I guess you could always lease a brand spankin' new odyssey for only the price of your first born child and a co-signer!

I'm surprised it blue books that low - take it to Provo, I'm sure you'll get some young family to buy it for at least double that! Actually, just park it at the Walmart downtown, you might make 2 grand (...unless it gets stolen)

my4suns2 said...

Any car that runs is worth at least $1000! I just got the third degree from Garrett today because our van doesn't have a button to make the door close like Kendra's. I told we're just thankful to have a car, but in your situation I'd have to say it's time to move on up! Does this mean you're getting a new one? I'm jealous!

Candace said...

:)

Kedra Simpson said...

That is so stinken funny!! i will pray that the car fairy comes to visit you soon!

I love the letter you wrote to Luke! I need to be better at doing things like that for Olivia and Nolan.

And you are an amazing friend!! I am glad that you have people there taking care of you!

Alissa Maxwell said...

I'm laughing out loud.

emily said...

blimey ... sounds all too familiar ... my lovely piece of junk van has been in the shop for 3 weeks and still isn't fixed but i couldn't stand being so close to my children in the little camry that i took it back unfinished and praying for a miracle that it will fix itself!!