Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

When Brando Meets The Second Grade

I don't know if he's been sneaking late-night viewings of The Godfather Trilogy.Or if he's channeling Pat Riley.

Or maybe he just really digs Aurthur "The Fonz" Fonzarelli.
But Zach has been begging to wear his hair like this for the past month:
And after some humming and hawing, some forgetting and "not enough time today!"-ing, some "are you sure"-ing and straight up ignoring. I finally said to myself, "Who am I to stifle his unique spirit? It's what he wants. Who really cares?" There are definitely bigger battles to fight than this one. Not that I had been "fighting" per se, travelling the more passive-resistance route is more like it. So today, I piled on the gel, pulled out the comb, and got to work. Zach was finally able to wear his slick D.A. (circa 1950's) hairstyle to school. If his clothing were different, I would have sworn I was sending him out into the world of those greasy Outsiders. But the kid was beaming. And so was I.

14 comments:

Alissa Maxwell said...

And you thought not having girls would exempt you from the hairstyle battles...

Trinette McCrary said...

He looks too cute. Sometimes it is harding letting things go as a parent. We have to pick our battles and some are not worth fighting. You did good.

Rebecca Luke said...

Oh my gosh he is such a character! So funny! I loved your post about the dentist visit. Although, I'm not looking to the day when I have to bring Aubin in. I'm positive I'll be just as teary as you were! Dang mom feelings!

ashley said...

oh, that's funny! he looks pretty happy about his new look!

Candace said...

I love it, and the look on his face!

Lehis said...

Zach is like the poster child. I think that is so hilarious!! My little brother use to wear his hair like that... I love the look on his face... he is so satisfied. You should have given him a leather jacket to wear!

The Siple Family said...

What a great post!

Cailean said...

"When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way..."

Adam said...

That's my little man!

kendra said...

Oh he's cute! Don't worry Landon's been going through a "hair phase" too. He wants his hair like Han Solo now. SO he's eating his fruits and veggies so he "can get all the vitamins to go to my hair so it will grow faster."

One good thing about Han Solo hair, I guess.

These phazes pass quickly, right?!

Your Girl Leah said...

I think it looks super stylin'!

emily said...

ooo i can't wait to hear how it went at school ... was he the coolest?

jje said...

I love it!! Such a little renegade. Maybe you need to invest in some "Dippity-Do". (Did you ever use that??)

Kedra Simpson said...

Emily Shaw was telling me about this cute picture the other day. I haven't blogged or read blogs in a while so I finally had to get caught up and check it out. So cute!!! He's really growing up from that sweet little 5 year old boy I had in primary...its fun to see.

I am glad things are going well and that you have found some great friends there!