Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Monday, June 9, 2008

I Was Runnin'! (said in my best Forest Gump accent impersonation)

I need to make this declaration now, so I can be held accountable by all my favorite blog readers (and other running gurus...especially Amy, Angela, and Andrea who I know have run full marathons before, plus so many more of you who are amazingly committed to running/triathaloning). This year I am planning on running a marathon. There. It is said. Yipes! The Seattle Marathon is at the end of November, and my sis-in-law, Ashley, is planning on running that and I would love to do that one with her, but I don't want to do it without Adam cheering me on (let's face it, this may be a one-time shot, so I want to make sure he witnesses it!) so if he can't make it out there then I will have to find another one out here around that same time. The America The Beautiful Half-Marathon is on Labor Day, so I am going to do that, and see what I can find sometime in late November/early December here for the Big Kahuna--the full marathon. Eek! I can't believe I am actually going to commit! I am up to 7 miles for my weekly long run, so I think I can make it. I am just kind of freaked out. Is a body really meant to run that far? Didn't Phidippides die after he delivered the news of the Athenian victory at Marathon?

6 comments:

emily said...

shut up ... you are a rock star! i will totally cheer you on ... and maybe one day i'll be in enough shape to tackle a goal like that!!

Camille said...

Yep, you are amazing. To answer your question...no, actually I don't think a body is meant to run that far...at least I KNOW mine isn't...:) Good Luck!
Oh, and you should read The Host, now after visiting the caves....

Jen said...

go go go...We will definitely cheer you on.

Andrea said...

I don't think our bodies are mean't to run that far, which is exactly why I do it! It's amazing to push yourself beyond what you think you can do. You are going to do great and are already ahead of me for long miles and I am doing a marathon is in October. You can soooo do this....and if you want to join a running forum that has awesome people with awesome running tips and stuff, just e-mail me and I'll tell you about it.

Chalonn said...

Wow...that is impressive. I have been saying I'll run one for over 10 years...I don't even run now..but I will...oh yes...I WILL!!! Good luck!

ashley said...

Amazing! Good luck you crazy woman!!