Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

We all had a great Fathers' Day with our personal hero, Adam. It started with a little sleep-in, followed by "Grandma Pancakes" in bed; we were going to have regular pancakes but as I was pulling the box of Bisquick out of the pantry I noticed we had about 2 tablespoons of syrup left...oops. Fortunately, Nicolle's delicious danish pancakes are best eaten with powdered sugar! After quickly getting ready for church, we dashed to the chapel and made it in time to get a pew, which I know was Adam's greatest Fathers' Day wish! After church we came home and I began Adam's dinner, yes, it was only 2:15, but he had requested my incredibly labor-intensive "citrus salad," which is sooooo good but takes sooooo long. We also had artichokes, and steaks on the barbie with sauteed onions and mushrooms. So good. While I cooked (and peeled and pieced) Adam and the boys played some catch in the backyard and had a wee little squirt gun fight. It was a great day.
My life has been influenced by three great dads. My father, Stan, my father-in-law, Dan, and my dear husband, Adam. They have each brought so much to our family. They motivate, encourage, sustain, educate, enliven, love, bless and nourish our lives. My boys are so fortunate to have three such amazing men as mentors and role models. We love you three great men!

1 comment:

Cailean said...

Wow what beautiful sun-tanned faces! It's so fun to live vicariously through all your Colorado adventures. You can tell how happy your family is just by looking at everyone's smiling faces.