Luke is one-year-old today, and he is amazing. I can't believe it has only been a year that he has been in our life, but I also can't believe how quickly this year has gone by. I love watching these boys grow, watching them become unique little men, hitting their milestones so perfectly but in such different ways, witnessing them develop their individuality. It is no different with our Luke. He is a miracle we get to witness every day. We love you Luke, you are a blessing and a gift to us! Happy Birthday Baby!At one year, Luke is a sweet baby who really knows what he wants and will make sure you know it too. He loves to be in the thick of all the activity, and does not like being left behind or removed from the fun. He babbles like he has something really important to say, and you can see in his eyes that he hopes you understand him too. The only words he really says are "Dada" and "Daw" (meaning Dog), I only get some "Mmmuh" for now, but "Mama" will come in time. But he does make a beautiful high-pitched squeal, that I am sure given a slight increase in pitch would break glass. He tries to hold as many toys in his hands as possible, and gets frustrated if he can't get them all. His favorite toys are balls and cars, and his favorite game is dropping (and watching you pick it up!). He loves snuggling, especially with mommy, and will tell you he is tired by climbing up into your lap and laying his head down on you. He loves to dance, and whenever he hears music he will start bouncing to it; he plays his musical toys over and over so he can dance and sing along. He has a killer smile that lights up his face, but he won't smile for the camera easily, most smiling shots I post are one of at least 20 tries (thank goodness for digital). He loves his brothers, although he gets quiet when it gets too noisy around him, preferring to watch what is happening than force his way in. He is eating and sleeping like a champ, but it is sometimes hard to get him to settle in for the night. He doesn't stop wiggling until he is sound asleep! He loves to play, loves to laugh and we are so proud of every milestone he has reached...including the appearance of his first tooth five days ago!
Feelin' the Groove
Happy First Birthday Luke!
His favorite part was the frosting. What kid's isn't?! See my toys?!!
This is a picture of that excited high-pitch shriek I was talking about
Mommy and Luke-One Year Later
Birthday Rock Climbing
Waking up Birthday Morning
See that first tooth?!
8 comments:
It's been a year. Holy Cow. He looks like a Conlin boy for sure. Very Happy 1st Birthday Luke.
Love from the Gieroks
Happy Birthday!! Did mom show you the card I emailed? Hannah will bake you a cake when you come visit in July. Keep working on those teeth.
Happy B-day Luke! It looks like the second tooth isn't far behind the first...
What a year! Hard to believe all that has passed and how quickly it has gone. Happy Birthday Luke!
Happy Birthday Luck!! I am glad that I was able to hold him in his snuggly phase on Sundays while you taught your class. He is such a cutie :)
Congrats on a fun and eventful year and happy birthday to Luke! He looks so much older in these pictures vs. before you moved. I just love how you know your kids so well individually and take the time to pay attention to all of their talents, interests, and happenings. Very inspiring!
so cute, happy birthday to Luke!
and that cake looks so yummy!!
Cute little boy! For sure our boys would be buds if we lived by each other!! I love the dancing--funny!
Post a Comment