Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Bits: March 20th Through March 31st

Bits before, during, and after Spring Break.
Thank you, Steve Spangler Science, for the fun, funny science ideas!
Date night with Adam and Mr. Ed.  Hey, three's a crowd, Horse Boy.

While we are on the subject of equestrians....  H.O.R.S.E. on a perfect spring day!  These warm, sunny spring days are what make the cold, snowy spring days no big deal.
I love the sound of the boys laughing, chatting, giggling, plotting and playing together into the late twilight.  There are few sounds that bring me more joy and contentment!  Sometimes, when the boys are magically in sync and happiness is reigning, bedtime just has to wait.

Z: lookin' good and freshly showered for the youth dance!

Spring is finally happening here...slowly but surely!  I don't know if I truly appreciated the spring season while living in eternally, beautifully green Washington.  Living in Colorado, where spring creeps in so slowly and so late, seeing tiny signs of green spring peeking out among the sleeping winter brown feels to me like I'm taking a delicious, long, lazy good-morning stretch.

I love when our food is colorful!

Aaaaaaand just like that: winter.  The bipolar weather makes getting dressed in the morning very confusing for the kids.
One little, two little, three little haircuts, all in a haircut row.
Superhero day at soccer practice.  LOVE!
Sunset.

Tommy's first ever soccer game!!!  He touched the ball three times, lifted his shirt over his head 11 times and waved to us 18 times.  It was a great game! 

One day snow storm, next day sprinklers.  Springtime in the Rockies!

Zac's non-tournament season opener found us in Timnath, Colorado.  Where is Timnath, you ask?  Well, I've now been there and I still don't think I could tell you where I was.  It was far, far away is all I can say.  By Fort Collins?  Maybe?  Ha!  But the boys won, so the forever drive was made easier.

Brotherhood.

I came out from putting the little boys to bed, and the laundry had magically been folded!  What great boys I have! (Probably gently nudged into this thoughtful act by their great dad).
Congratulations to our sweet Joshie on earning his Webelos Badge and his Religious Knot!  He worked hard to finish up some final requirements over break so he could earn his badges at this week's pack meeting.  He's on a roll and excited to be working towards his Arrow of Light! 
Since Josh had earned his Webelos Badge, it was probably time to sew on his Bear Badge (oops!) as well as all the arrow points he earned as a Wolf and Bear which I had been ignoring...and his two new badges.... {sigh}  If sewing on badges isn't a labor of love, I don't know what is.  My fingers are poked, tender and bleeding, and it took nearly 3 hours, but those badges are ON! 

No comments: