Tuesday morning, we drove about 50 minutes, out past Calhan, Colorado, to the Paint Mines Interpretive Park, a beautiful natural wonder of geology that I didn't even know existed until the day before. Adam took Zac and Ben on a two-day ski trip, so it was just the three younger boys and I, joined by our close friends and fellow adventurers, the Murdocks. The kids had a wonderful time boulder hopping and exploring every crevice and cranny they could find. We were there for over two hours and only saw about one third of the three-mile loop. A trip back will definitely be necessary!
Welcome to Conlin Chaos
Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Spring Break: Paint Mines
On Monday, I saw a post on Instagram by a friend about her family's adventures at the Paint Mines. Paint Mines?" said I, "What is this Paint Mines?" And so an outing was born!
Tuesday morning, we drove about 50 minutes, out past Calhan, Colorado, to the Paint Mines Interpretive Park, a beautiful natural wonder of geology that I didn't even know existed until the day before. Adam took Zac and Ben on a two-day ski trip, so it was just the three younger boys and I, joined by our close friends and fellow adventurers, the Murdocks. The kids had a wonderful time boulder hopping and exploring every crevice and cranny they could find. We were there for over two hours and only saw about one third of the three-mile loop. A trip back will definitely be necessary!
Tuesday morning, we drove about 50 minutes, out past Calhan, Colorado, to the Paint Mines Interpretive Park, a beautiful natural wonder of geology that I didn't even know existed until the day before. Adam took Zac and Ben on a two-day ski trip, so it was just the three younger boys and I, joined by our close friends and fellow adventurers, the Murdocks. The kids had a wonderful time boulder hopping and exploring every crevice and cranny they could find. We were there for over two hours and only saw about one third of the three-mile loop. A trip back will definitely be necessary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment