The first of April's Bits!
 |
| Ben loves April Fool's Day! He got me three times with the kitchen sink sprayer...even though I KNOW to look for it. Argh! But the trick he was most excited about this year was his "pudding in the mayo jar" gag. He made some vanilla pudding, filled an empty mayonnaise squeeze bottle and fooled his friends all day long eating "mayo" straight from the jar. Grody goodness! |
 |
| It's been a long time since I took a run with the jogger, but Tommy and I dusted off our old friend last week to go for a little run together. Partway through the run I pulled the canopy out to help keep the sun out of his eyes, and we discovered that I had missed a part in the quick wipe down I did before we left. Ewww! A lot of little webs! We closed that right back up, tucked it away, and ran a little faster home. |
 |
| One last April fool before bed! When I went to get in bed at the end of the day, I discovered a host of bugs in my bed, compliments of Luke! He had been telling me all day he wanted to put bugs in Josh's and Ben's beds, but really he was plotting to put them in mine, the little sneaker! Such a crack-up! I also discovered a sweet little token of Tommy's love, two little dandelions on my nightstand. I am so grateful that he never lets me forget that he loves me so! |
 |
| We've had a lot of summery days, but scattered among them are some really cold ones. I loved this adorable huddle of little girls on the playground, trying to keep warm on a chilly and windy day. |
 |
| Packet received in the mail! We were ready to remotely run the Run 2 Pieces! This charity event is a labor of love for my dear friend Jen, who wanted to give back to the University of Washington's Autism Center for the powerful difference the early intervention services provided through their program has made in the life of Jen's son Max, as well as thousands of other kids who are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder every year and advocated for through UW's program. It has been like witnessing a miracle watching Max bloom. We were so happy we could be a part of it, even from a distance! |
|
 |
| Soccer Saturday! |
 |
| We love General Conference! It fills our spiritual buckets to overflowing. On Saturday, we had to nourish our souls a bit here and a bit there among all the soccer games and other Saturday bustle. But Sunday we could just rest and take it all in. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.... |
 |
| Josh: kicking booty and taking names at center defense! |
 |
| We had to do our Run 2 Pieces remote run in the afternoon of our packed-schedule Satruday but we did it! The kids thought it was alternately funny and cool to have race bibs on as the six of us (Zac was at a soccer game in Denver) did a circuit around our neighborhood. |
 |
| The three older boys received their Pride Futsal Champions tees this weekend! It was so exciting to have all three boys' teams as victors in their various age-level tournaments. Also, Zac earned the Silver Boot in his age group for most assists! Yeah! Bravo, boys!! |
 |
| During Ben's early morning soccer game on Saturday we noticed that Ben was dragging, and if you know Ben, he rarely drags. By Saturday evening it was clear that he was sick. Fever. Darn it! If there was a silver lining to this illness, he was pretty glad to have a little extra time to work on his speed rubik's cube that arrived in the mail on Saturday. His current record is 1 minute, 13 seconds, but he's working on taking that down. I can't even solve one side, so I am completely impressed! |
 |
| Josh's imagery makes oil beautiful! |
 |
| The boys' recent Amazon search. |
 |
| Luke has been on a golden streak! I am so proud of the choices he's making, the maturity he is gaining and the zen he's finding for himself as he gets closer to eight. And he's pretty great at making Lego dragons too. Proud mama! |
 |
| Six days of fever, headache, super lethargic and a tight chest that Ben just thought was a sore throat...diagnosis: bronchiolitis; treatment: antibiotics and Albuterol that aren't working fast enough...really, really, really bored. Not even having his speed rubik's cube is fun anymore. |
 |
| The fevered giraffe sleeps. I hate germs. |
No comments:
Post a Comment