Welcome to Conlin Chaos
Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Monday, April 9, 2012
Images of Easter (and Some Great Quotes from the Day)
Luke: "Why did the Easter Bunny give me Clay Face in my Easter basket? He must not be very smart. Clay Face is a bad guy, and Easter is all about Jesus. He should have given me a good guy. But I still love my Clay Face!"
Tommy: "HATCHING!" (shouted as he chucks a hard boiled egg to the ground as hard as he can; all eggs with cracks in them he has declared "hatching" and has made an effort to help many whole eggs along their way to hatching)
Ben: "Ha! Eight, no, nine eggs found! I am the Egg-Finder Master!"
Mom: "If you put the vanilla buttercream frosting for the cupcakes on the orange-cardamom bunny rolls, it kinda tastes like you are eating an orange cinnamon roll...you can thank me for that little tip later."
Dad: "I feel sorry for the primary teachers at church today...oh wait...that's me."
Zac: "You are going to make me sit at that end of the counter? That means I have to sit by The Yolk-Snatcher!" (said at dinner, Tommy had stolen Ben's hard-boiled egg yolk earlier in the day and popped the whole darn thing in his mouth before Ben even realized it was gone)
Josh: "And we thank Thee for this beautiful Sabbath day, especially for Easter, and Jesus, and His atonement and resurrection, oh, and for my boom ball game and all the candy." (said during bedtime prayers)
President Thomas S. Monson: "I declare my personal witness that death has been conquered, victory over the tomb has been won. May the words made sacred by Him who fulfilled them become actual knowledge to all. ... He is risen."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the recap! And I'm pretty sure we have the same matching purple ties!
Looks like a very happy Easter at your house! Your rolls look AMAZING! And, the bunny cupcakes...darling.
Tell Adam I felt sorry for me (primary teacher) too on Sunday. It was complete chaos!
The Easter Bunny at our house was sort of a flop this year. Not a lot of eggs, no basket 'extras' and there are still four chocolate bunnies missing around here somewhere. It is a bummer when the mom runs out of steam!
I am laughing tears down my cheeks. Thanks for letting us be a fly on the wall to your Easter joy.
Hatching!!
Post a Comment