Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

APRIL FOOLS!!!!

I usually don't get too much into April Fool's Day.  I don't know if I am hugely into pranks, just because they can escalate so quickly into meanness or messiness (and I have plenty of that without purposely creating extra!).  But the boys think April Fool's Day is hilarious, so I wanted to give it a go for them.  I saw some fun, not mean ideas online this past week and Adam and I put them into action last night.  I have to admit, it was fun shouting "APRIL FOOL'S!" all day today as one or the other prank was discovered.  :)

We dyed the milk with food coloring...blue and pink.  Hee hee hee!
Ignore my messy utensil drawers--we switched the kitchen drawers around, so when the kids went looking for silverware they opened the drawer to a mystery!  Ho ho ho!
We swapped their underwear baskets.  Zac put Josh's on without even thinking about it!  Ha ha ha ha!

We salted their toothbrushes.  Oh they thought that was gross!  Hahahahahahaha!
 

We TP'ed their bedroom.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Ben woke up in the night, crawled under it all and came into our room, "Mom and Dad, something weird happened to our room."  HOHAHAHAHOHOHOHOO!
Here we are high fivin' each other for our hilarious cleverness.

Ben got me back this morning by rubber banding the sink sprayer.  I was a fool not to check!  Fortunately I had my apron on.  And then I chased him down the street.  That boy is too quick!
In addition to the pranks, we had a wonderful day, watching another fantastic General Conference and then Skyping 3-ways with my parents and Leah and Jason.  What a great day!  Hope you had a wonderfully silly (and spiritually enriching) April Fool's Day like we did!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I like the tp'ing the bedroom and Ben's comment. fun times. I took this year off but I may need to use some of these next year on Hannah

Alea said...

You guys are pretty clever!! I like those pranks!

kendra said...

I love how you and Adam did it together! Conspiring as a team... love it!

Candace said...

That is soo funny. and way to go, Ben!