Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Scenes From Our Sunday Walk

Sunday walks have become, without intention, a little tradition for us. They started shortly after we returned from Washington in August, just because the days were so nice and had to be celebrated, and have just carried on from there.

Sometime mid-Sunday-afternoon one of the boys is sure to ask, "Is it time for our Sunday walk yet?" So off we go.

The big boys are usually leading the pack, running ahead, running back to us, kicking their soccer balls or playing tag. Ruby is sniffing here, there, everywhere. Luke entertains us with his antics and non-stop chatter. Tommy alternately loves riding in his Moby and wishes he could get down and run with his brothers. Adam and I even get to hold hands from time to time. When we get back to the house we usually wrap up our ambulation with a little Conlin soccer scrimmage or a game of Conlin Red Rover. You can see why it's become a tradition. We all love it.

With the fall cool crispness arriving this weekend, requiring hats and pinking up the cheeks; and the leaves beginning their dramatic and beautiful transformation before they drop to the ground, I couldn't help but take the camera along with us on our most recent Sunday walk.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Om my I love the picture of Ruby. and the one of Luke with the rock. Is that a rock? I have to send you some pictures of the leaves here. They are amazing right now.

Angie said...

wish I could join in on the Conlin Sunday walks!

kendra said...

oh how fun! I love your family.

Holy cow! In that second to last picture Luke looks JUST like Josh did when I first met you guys. Look at those eyes and teeny little freckles!! he is so cute and SO grown up looking.

Man, wish we could have Perigo vs. Conlin Red Rover. One day!

Mandi said...

Greg has taken the kids on Sunday hikes (you've seen where we live, let's be realistic, they are hikes, not walks.) since we've lived here. I can't always join becuase of my nerve disorder, but I will join them soon. The 'walk' refreshes the body after we have refreshed our spirits and souls at church, it helps clear our heads, is great 'talking' time with the kids, and frankly, takes up time on our day of rest. Ahhh . . .

Adri said...

Love the pics...seriously they are some of your best ever!

Team Sax said...

The last one is by far my favorite :) Such a great time of year.

Candace said...

Can't wait for our Sunday walk!!!!