You love impressing your brothers. When you have knowledge to share with them, it is like first prize to you. I watched you today, teaching them how to use a new toy we have, you looked so confident and pleased. You definitely relate to the older boys better. You love to run in their pack. You identify with them. But you also are a great help with Luke and Tommy. Your patience with Luke and your kindness towards him isn't always what he deserves, he can be a bit of a pest, but you give it to him anyway. That shows what a great heart you have.
You've embraced Kindergarten with such gusto! You are learning so much and you are loving the learning! It's so incredible to see how much you are sponging up. Your reading has skyrocketed, your math is spectacular. You come home singing songs from music class, love checking out library books, and talk about the games you play in P.E. all the time. Even the French tickles you pink! And you've already made such great buddies. You are so lucky to have such a small, close class. I am so happy Canyon lives on our street so you two can play together frequently. What fun! You've always been good to those you call "friend," and you call nearly everyone "friend!"
You have a soft heart in that hearty body. You love snuggles and snuggly toys. You tell me I look pretty when I put extra effort into getting ready. You compliment dinners you like. You know how to make people feel loved. You like cute little toys, like Zhu Zhu pets and Littlest Pet Shops. You are comforted by home and warm embraces and all things familiar to you. You still enjoy the sweet, happy endings in movies and TV shows, but also love a good fight episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender. You are on the cusp of the older boy stuff, but still love the little boy stuff.
You sometimes have a hard time taking "No" for an answer. When you want to do something, you just REALLY want to do it; or when you want to have something, you just REALLY want to have it. And you have a lot of wants. When we go to a store, you want everything on the shelves. It pleases you to no end when you get new toys or clothes, they are your instant favorites and you are SO grateful, so it is fun to get you things, but I can't always get you what you want, nor should I, that wouldn't be good for either of us. Or if you want to do something at home...it's the same. So I feel like I am saying "no" to you all the time, but at least you take it in stride. There's no melt down or temper tantrum. But you will mention it over and over for the next 2 hours.
You are gracious. Even in your prayers you often say, "Thank you for..." instead of asking for things. Even if they are things that have not yet happened, you are thankful for the possibility of them, like "Thank you that tomorrow is a good day." We could learn a lot from that kind of attitude!
You are pretty silly. You like to make everyone laugh and smile by doing the strangest, wonkiest things. You love the goofy "kid" songs your brothers come home singing, and you take up the song as an anthem, singing them all day long. You love wacky jokes and bodily noises. If I hear you fake burp one more time...! :) But really, your fancy-free, somewhat bonkers side always gives us a good laugh; even if we do it behind our hands so you can't see because we're trying to be serious.
Dad, your brothers and I love all that you are. You are such a wonderful person, Joshie. We are lucky that you are a part of our family!
5 comments:
Joshie you are so sweet! You always tell me what cute babies I have and want to help take care of them. Love you Joshie! hope to see you soon.
Josh...Happy, happy birthday! I am soooo glad I got to celebrate with you this weekend. Love you loads!!
Happy Birthday Josh! My Mr. Andrew turned 3 today it is a good day for a celebration.
Happy birthday Josh.....he is a charmer. Love to see his smile!
Happy Birthday Josh! I love and miss you soooo much!!!!
Post a Comment