Monday was our Disneyland day! It had finally arrived! And what a wonderful day it was. The day started off a little chilly, but ended up beautiful (which is good because I got soaked on Splash Mountain). There is something truly magical about Disneyland, long lines, overpriced food, Disney craziness and all. We just love it there! It truly is one of my happiest places. Yes, there are 1000 pictures below. And no, I did not put one of every ride we went on, although it may seem like it. I just want you to experience it with us...plus it is for the 2009 blog book, so I had to include a lot. Enjoy it as we did!
We started the day off in Adventureland, and while my sis, Zach and I hit the highly anticipated Indiana Jones, the rest of the height-restricted gang and two adults willing to miss Indy headed to the Jungle Cruise. "Animals," witty tour guides, a gun that fires blanks...it's a classic.
Here is Josh, who in the middle of New Orleans Square decided to take his shoe off to empty it of the pebble inside. Don't worry about moving to the side there, buddy!
What did Luke think of my favorite ride, Pirates of the Caribbean? Well, he wasn't thrilled. In fact, he buried his face in my arms and wouldn't look. Ditto for the Haunted Mansion.
We moved on to Critter Country and Splash Mountain, where we found a ride Luke did enjoy, Winnie the Pooh, which he got to ride twice while the others took turns on Splash Mountain. Lucky boy! And both Luke and Josh were pleased to meet the bear himself.
...while the rest of us hit Autotopia! It was one of the day's favorites for the boys. They all thought they were fabulous drivers. Um, no.
We totally defeated the Evil Emperor Zurg on the Buzz Lightyear Astro-Blasters ride!
How do you make standing in line just fine? Mickey Mouse Lollies! Thanks, Auntie Lili!
What happens to toddlers running on too little sleep and too much sugar:
Blast off! I actually really don't enjoy this ride, but for some reason we have had to hit it every visit.

No trip to Disneyland is complete without a trip to the Mad Hatter for pictures of all the very cool hats they have there. Although we never buy them. They are like $35 a pop!
One item we will not scrimp on: everyone needs at least one pair of Mickey Mouse ears with their name embroidered on the back. It was his first visit after all!
Walt, Mickey and the Chaos Boys.One more ride before the fireworks...not one of these fellas barfed in the end, although watching them from the sideline, I nearly did.
Scenes from the Teacup ride at night:
While waiting for the fireworks, Luke and Josh were greatly entertained by our self portraits. Here's just one, but there are about 50 more...it's a long wait for the fireworks if you want good seats!
Tomorrow: Conlin Chaos Goes to California Episode Four: California Adventure at Last.
12 comments:
Oh I am just so jealous!! It looks so fun! There are so many new rides!! We were only there 5 1/2 years ago and look at all the new stuff. TIme to plan a new trip!
It's so fun to see Disneyland through your trip! I haven't been back since I was 5 and I definitely remember some of it...:) Looks like a lot of FUN, especially for your fun-loving boys!
Looks like you had so much fun, and sun. Can't wait for my kids to earn their mickey ears.
What a fun Family vacation! I can't wait to take my family to the greatest place on earth some day. Dose it just melt your heart to make such fun memories? Now that my kids are getting to the "remembering" age I love to do fun things with them. I always have, but you know. I love it when my Jacob will talk about things that happened months ago. Love it!
It sounds like you guys had an awesome day! I love Disneyland and miss it so much now that we are in WA (we used to have yearly passes). The boys look so excited and happy; it must have been a joy to experience it with them and see it through their eyes.
Autopia was our favorite, too. So glad you had a great day. It probably helped to have extra adults!
Space mountain is still my favorite, but I love the matterhorn, indiana jones, and splash mountain. When we went a few years ago, Kolby's favorite ride was the rocky mountain railroad. He must've ridden that 5 times in a row.
it all looks like SO MUCH FUN!! maybe someday we'll take our chaos creators!!
What crazy fun! My favorite is Space Mountain, but I haven't been there in 7 years so who knows. I must say, Ben's expression is priceless!
I am loving all the pictures! It makes me happy just looking at them. I love that place!
I think it's funny that Pirates is your favorite ride. We went to one of their Grad Nites after graduation. My friend and I took that ride at about 4:00 am, mostly to rest our tired feet for a few minutes. We got to the point where we could just see the last ramp you climb at the end of the ride and it stopped. We were stuck on the ride for 45 minutes while they tried to fix it. That morning, I not only could have told you the every movement of each pirate, I could have given you eye and hair color and shirt size. For the rest of our trip, my friend or I would unknowingly break into a round of "Yo ho ho ho the pirate's life for me" and draw the ire of the rest of the class.
Fun, Colleen! Great photos...everyone looks so happy and excited, especially you! How nice to have your mom there to help with the sleepy baby. Looks like a fantastic trip!
Post a Comment