Here are some pictures from her visit. I forgot my camera the first day when we went up to Longmont to watch her sky dive. But it was so cool! I was immensely impressed. Luke loved watching the parachutes flying in to land. The kids had a blast with her, and I must say Josh LOVED having a new buddy. Every second was, "Carrie" this and "Carrie" that. I was feeling a little neglected...but not too much. Mostly we watched Olympics and chilled together. I had to keep telling her that we usually don't have the TV on at all during the day! I was embarrassed at how much we watched, but we were like addicts! But we did get out to Garden of the Gods, out on the tramp, out to the park, and ate and ate yummy food!
Welcome to Conlin Chaos
Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
When Carrie Came to Town
Carrie Holmes is a friend I absolutely treasure. She has known me since I was just out of diapers, and has been my friend through thick and thin. I moved onto Carrie's street just before I turned three-years-old, back in 1980. We grew up together making mud pies, building haunted houses in her basement, and singing "Take This Job and Shove It!" Carrie is the one who introduced me to my love of running, because she didn't want to do Cross Country alone back in our Freshman year. Since then, despite moves here and there, and distances near and far, we have remained great friends. And the reason is that Carrie is one of those people who is a true blue friend. She truly cares about her friends, motivates, supports and is always there for all of us. Her thoughtfulness for and devotion to her buddies is so admirable. And she has always been this way. I wish I could say that it was just me and my coolness that compels her to stick close to me, but really, there are scores of people out there that would say the same about her. She is an amazing person, and I am so glad to have her as a friend. Oh, and did I mention that she is sky diving above Mount Everest in a month. The girl is incredible!
Here are some pictures from her visit. I forgot my camera the first day when we went up to Longmont to watch her sky dive. But it was so cool! I was immensely impressed. Luke loved watching the parachutes flying in to land. The kids had a blast with her, and I must say Josh LOVED having a new buddy. Every second was, "Carrie" this and "Carrie" that. I was feeling a little neglected...but not too much. Mostly we watched Olympics and chilled together. I had to keep telling her that we usually don't have the TV on at all during the day! I was embarrassed at how much we watched, but we were like addicts! But we did get out to Garden of the Gods, out on the tramp, out to the park, and ate and ate yummy food!




Here are some pictures from her visit. I forgot my camera the first day when we went up to Longmont to watch her sky dive. But it was so cool! I was immensely impressed. Luke loved watching the parachutes flying in to land. The kids had a blast with her, and I must say Josh LOVED having a new buddy. Every second was, "Carrie" this and "Carrie" that. I was feeling a little neglected...but not too much. Mostly we watched Olympics and chilled together. I had to keep telling her that we usually don't have the TV on at all during the day! I was embarrassed at how much we watched, but we were like addicts! But we did get out to Garden of the Gods, out on the tramp, out to the park, and ate and ate yummy food!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You guys have been busy! Love the old wedding pic and the much deserved anniversary vacation. A few months ago, I told Scott that we are taking a big vacation for our 10th as well - 2 yrs to go.
Love seeing pictures of Carrie. She is cream of the crop.
And...wishing you happy school days. I can't imagine what you will do when it's just you and Luke in the house some mornings. =)
Post a Comment