Welcome to Conlin Chaos
Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
While the Cat's Away....
Today I found myself surprisingly boy-free for two hours and eighteen minutes. Zach was at school, Ben had been invited to a friend's house for a last-minute play date, Josh was at preschool and Luke was down for a nap. It is amazing how quiet the house gets. And what did I do? Did I vacuum my very Ruby-loved carpets? Did I wash down my pee-covered toilets? Did I pack for our three-day camping trip? Did I get on the computer and check my email or blog? No. I flat-ironed my hair (which I never have time to do), I made myself a delicious lunch of tofu, mushrooms and zucchini sauteed in lemon juice, shallots, soy sauce and garlic, and sat down to read my book and paint my toenails. It was so nice and completely lazy. And even though my black pants are covered in Ruby fur from my un-vacuumed carpets, I feel so chill this evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
What no Scrappin! Just kidding. Sounds nice. I can't wait until next week and I get a whole school day to myself.
Good For You!!!! love Mom
I agree.....no scrappin? Good for you! If mama isn't happy then nobody's happy! It's so important to take time for you. Way to indulge. :)
Truly inspiring - for some wacky reason I would probably end up cleaning or doing something else not-necessary-at-that-moment. I love that you did something that nourished your spirit :)
WONDERFUL! I took a nap this afternoon - which is why you looked great with your flat ironed hair and I had sleep in my eyes when I saw you! I did notice your hair it looked great. Tofu? You're going to have to tell me about that - I've been scared of it but I like it when other people cook it. Don't you wish you could do that every day?!
Isn't that a wonderful feeling? Just taking time for yourself. Every mother's dream now and again.
SWEET! i'm hoping that i'll have a few of those kind of minutes myself as soon as school starts!! hooray! good for you! miss you, girl!
Let's see a picture of that cute hair! I'm glad you did something for yourself.
Sounds very nice. It's hard to stop and enjoy yourself when there's always something to do, another mess. I'm glad you had some fun and relaxation. You deserve it, of course :)
Post a Comment