Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Wanna Grow Old With You...

Puerto Vallarta was just amazing. It was the first week-long trip Adam and I have taken just us two since our honeymoon and it was so nice being just us two. He is still the one....

We spent most of our time at the pool or the beach, reading books and playing in the water (I finished four books!). It was very hot, and the rainy season too (don't worry, it was just like Colorado, with storms in the evening but sun all day), so most of the pictures in the slideshow below are shiny-skined and poofy-haired, but hey, I am not complaining! Everyone thought we were honeymooners, and when we told them we were celebrating our tenth anniversary they wouldn't believe us until we proved our ages! The locals loved that we had four boys, we had comments ranging from "Perfect! Like a big Mexican family!" to "Mucho cuchi cuchi!" That second one was always from the men. No surprise there.

We tried to get off the beach a few times. We walked to the local mall and caught "El Caballero De La Noche" or "The Dark Night" to all the gringos out there ;). We took a couple of scary, crazy bus rides into town for dinner, and a walk on the Malecon (the boardwalk) to look at all the beautiful and strange works of art along the downtown coastline. We cruised to Las Caletas, a beach unaccessable by land, for an artistic and dramatic show, and delicious dinner. And our favorite, we took a tour into the lush jungle and not only flew over and through the tree canopy on ziplines, but also repelled down waterfalls (I repelled down a WATERFALL IN MEXICO!), rode the mulas, and risked our necks in these giant ATV's that had supershocks and felt like rollercoasters driving on the cobblestone, washed-out streets. We loved every minute of that day. It was awesome! Who am I kidding? We loved every minute of every day!

Really, we just enjoyed the beauty of the location (Ah! The sunsets!) and the joy of each other's company. It was hard to leave. The last morning there we took two walks on the beach before heading to the airport. But we missed our boys and were excited to see them. It was a trip we will cherish, as we have cherished these past 10 years.

Adam put together the slideshow below, it is much smoother on our computer. So sorry for the jerky pictures, but you get the idea....

10 comments:

Jen said...

Looks Amazing! 2 more years and Dave and I will be there. Better start saving my pennies to go somewhere warm.

Hope the bug that came home with you is gone really quick.

Andrea said...

So CUTE!!! The trip looked fun and you looked GREAT!

emily said...

wow ... that looks like SO much fun! our 10th is just around the corner ... i think i need to get the details on that jungle adventure! i'm so happy for you guys! congratulations - here's to 10 years and an eternity to come! sure miss you guys!

Lehis said...

You look amazing!! Mommy of 4? You sure can't tell. You go girl!!

Stacia said...

10 down forever to go:) Congrats. We're planning our trip for next Feb. I'll have to get some tips.

Cailean said...

What a fun trip! It does totally look like a honeymoon and in fact that's where we went for ours! I recognized some of the scenery. What a great way to celebrate your 10th. WOW! We're coming up on our 7th in September :)

Mary said...

What a beautiful slide show! Congrats on ten years. Having celebrated our 10th last year (trip to Cancun) I can honestly say that the 11th is even better! You look awesome btw!

Candace said...

Wonderful slide show. I teared up. I am so glad to have a week with the boys, so you could be just the two of you. Let's do it again! Love...Mom

Kedra Simpson said...

What a wonderful trip you had!!! Congrats on 10 years, you are an amazing couple and you look gorgeous in that purple sun dress!

Your Girl Leah said...

mucho cuchi chuchi! hahaha! I love you guys, happiest happy anniversary to my fave couple.