Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Friday, October 19, 2007

How do you do it? (Revised)

I get that question a lot, even though I know so many great moms who everyday do what I do (and are better at it than me, too!). I know it is tough not having A here, but when I start to feel sorry for myself, my mind kicks my sorry butt and reminds me of all the military wives (and husbands!) out there who don't know when they will see their spouse next, or the single moms who do this all the time without end, or even the women who don't have a husband like mine who is SUCH a great daddy and helpmeet and I know I am lucky and that "this too shall pass." And my prayers for comfort become prayers for the comfort of others. Anyhow, I thought this pic was cute and gave a clue to how I do it. When single parenting, I like to cut corners, like make simple dinners, get tomorrow's clothes out the night before, and give group baths. It may get a little splashy, and cause a bit of a ruckus, but in the end, I have four clean boys and fun is had by all!

5 comments:

emily said...

i fully agree ... this is why 2 parents is ideal! sorry you're single momming it ... i'm so serious when i say to call if you need ANYTHING!!

Jen said...

If you have the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker in the tub then what is Luke. Oh yeah, The poop maker. Ha Ha!!! Just teasing. That's a lot of bodies in one tub.

Camille said...

You're WonderWoman! I think it's harder to put them all in at the same time...way to go!

Andrea said...

Fun that you can put them all in there together. I haven't put my mixed gendered kids together because my 3-year-old is already quite inquisitive about things that are hard to describe to a 3-year-old, if you get my drift.

Bailey Bunch said...

I can't believe how big your kids are. It still crazy that we knew you when Zack was just born. Time sure does fly by. We miss you guys! When do you move?