Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Friday, April 19, 2019

The Bits: April 1st Through April 15th

Hello April!
We've got this!

On April Fool's Day, Zac set up a filter on my computer that changed every photo, all the way down to the attachment thumbnails in my email, to a picture of Nicholas Cage!  Hahaha!  So super random, and so very funny!

Josh's favorite April Fool's Day prank: Legos in the ice dispenser!  He gets us every year!

Tommy's go-to April Fool's Day joke: "Do you want a brownie?"  Haha!
Luke has lost 6 teeth in the past 2 weeks!  At this rate he won't have anything left to chew with!  Fortunately, some of them already look like they're coming in nicely.
First 2-mile race of the season: 9:55!  Only 11 seconds off his PR from last year.

A sunshiny break in the great outdoors between Conference sessions.  There is hope, tiny signs of spring are out there!
It was a great Conference Weekend!  While I was the only one who did any coloring on the gigantic Conference Coloring Page I bought, the boys enjoyed the busy distraction of playing modeling clay while listening.

I've had the opportunity to do a lot of subbing at the district preschool this month and I've had a lot of fun.  My favorite day over the weeks has to be when I got to watch the kids discover the wonder of earth worms!
 
The graduation announcements have arrived and--oh, my wounded heart!

How Ben kept me laughing when I had to spend hours managing my easily-distracted Luke, after he'd forgottem to do a 14-page French vocabulary packet that then had to be completed in just a couple of days.

Zac's cybersecurity teacher coordinated with the Air Force Academy to bring one of the original Enigma machines, used by the Axis to send secret code during World War II, to their class.  The kids got to learn about how it functioned and even got to try it out.  So cool!  

Josh had a delicious man-date with his good buddy Jack (and Jack's awesome mom, Heather) at a new sweet and savory pie place in town: 3.14 Sweet and Savory Pi Bar.  Good thing someone out there loves the kid enough to spoil him. 😉

Luke and Ethan heading into Rampart's Spring Game Con.  I'm so glad these two ended up at SITW together in 4th grade!  The fun friendship they have developed around their shared interests since is a blessing for Luke.
Tommy loves a good Polaroid selfie!

Ben needed a long Saturday run, so we hit the Santa Fe Trail just before a little snow squall blew in.  Honestly, it was a ton of fun riding in the snow (we were bundled up)--with the exception of the when the little pellet snowballs started to fall.  Gotta say that keeping up with the kid, even on wheels, is tough!

Sunny Sunday!

Those mile splits, though.  I mean, look at mile 8!!!
A bit of history: April 15th, 2019 Notre Dame Cathedral burned.  Although it will be rebuilt, it will be forever changed.  Zac, Adam and I felt so blessed that we were able to see it this past summer, even though that experience made the loss feel so much more heart-aching for Zac, Adam and I, as we felt we had a little piece of it, and it had a little piece of us.


No comments: