Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Sunday, December 16, 2018

The Diary of Anne Frank: Zac's Fall Play 2018

This year's fall play, The Diary of Anne Frank, is still such a powerful story and an important one to keep telling.  Zac was cast as Jan Dussel, the grumpy, self-absorbed and bitter dentist who is Jewish by blood, but has never practiced Judaism and who moves into the hidden apartment late, never really fitting in.  It was a hard role for Zac, who, by nature, is basically the opposite of all Mr. Dussel's characteristics, but he seized the opportunity to grow as an actor and did a phenomenal job playing this part.  We really enjoyed this RHS production, with all of its heartbreak, loss and pain, and the whole cast was wonderful.  I made the mistake of thinking I didn't need tissues for the second night we went, since I had already cried through the first night.  I was wrong.  Adding to the melancholy of the story, it made us sad to think we won't see our Z up on that stage next fall. 

Bravo, Zac!  I sure hope he continues to find ways to light up a stage as he moves beyond high school.  You can just tell he loves it!




Senior cast bios.



Hair twins!




No comments: