
I sure do love this boy! At 14, Josh is still such a cuddle bug, and not a night goes by that he doesn't ask me to come tuck him in still. And I'll take it as long as I can! It is often when I tuck him in, or during our car rides, that we have the best talks. I really love talking with him, listening to him and sharing with him. He is so funny, has a quick wit that keeps me laughing and is really perceptive. Josh is an incredibly kind boy. He has always had the innate ability to just be a good friend, and that really showed this year when he decided to join the high school marching band as an 8th grader. I had my reservations, but he charmed them all, as he does, and not only became one of the team, but an integral part. One of the girls in his saxophone section told me more than once that Josh was her "spirit animal." Being a part of this group highlighted two of his great talents: music and friendship. Music continues to be a strong force in his life. He is still playing piano, although this may be his last year of lessons, loved marching band, is enjoying Honor Band at the middle school, auditioned for All-State Middle School Band, has decided to join the Winter Percussion team at the high school playing the xylophone, and pretty much incorporates music into his life as much as possible. Josh is also excelling in school. He is such a smartie, but is great at staying humble and just being himself. He has this hilarious habit of mispronouncing words. I think it comes from reading so much but never hearing those big .50 words spoken. It's so funny! Josh has really worked hard to strengthen his relationship with Luke this year, and I can see such an improvement. I think Josh really wanted to be a cool 8th grade brother that Luke could look up to and count on, and I know that is how Luke feels about him. Josh is still so social and loves to be with his friends as much as possible. It was so hard for him to choose which group of friends he wanted to host for his birthday party: his long-time school friends, his marching band friends, or his church friends. On that note, Josh is growing into his faith so beautifully. He was recently called as the Teacher's Quorum President, and I can see how honored and humbled he is by the responsibility. Josh loves to read and can get so caught up in a book that it is hard to get him to go to bed. He still has a very active imagination, and can't watch scary shows or he has a hard time sleeping. Josh also loves Instagram and music memes. Sorry, J, it had to be said! The boy is awesome and we are so proud of him!

Josh on Josh: Fourteen-Years-Old!
How old are you? "I'm turning nine. J/k, fourteen."
What makes you happy? "Being with my friends and family, and, ah, food."
What
are your favorite things to eat? "I like noodles, any kind of noodles, and I like chicken. And I also like water, yep, water's pretty good. So good. To top it all off, I like food. It's pretty delicious, honestly. I mean, I don't think I could live without food."
What is your least favorite thing to eat? "That is an excellent question. I, I...I don't have a least favorite thing to eat. I mean, I like brussels sprouts and broccoli, so what else is there not to like?"
What are your favorite things to do? "I like to play my instruments, spend time with my family and friends. I like to watch movies."
What
is your favorite TV show? "I would rather watch a movie."
What are you really good at? "Tootin' on my horn. I am good at making cookies."
What is your favorite movie? "
Ready Player One."
What is your favorite animal? "The flamingo."
What is your favorite color? "Soft orange and light blue."
What is your favorite song? "
Something Just Like This by the Chainsmokers and Cold Play."
Who
are your best friends? "Canyon Kraft, Eli Bastiaansen, Riley Opp, Rajeev Roy, Jack Cloninger."
What
do you and Mom do together that you love? "Watching movies, making food, going on walks, reading together, playing Mario."
What do you and Dad do together that you love? "Watching movies, playing Rummikub and The Great Dalmuti, messing around with Ruby."
What is your favorite sport? "Is marching band a sport?"
What is your favorite book? "
Red Rising."
Where is your favorite place to go? "The Conlin Lake House, and the Lawn House."
What makes you feel scared? "I don't like being alone."
What do you want to be when you grow up? "A film/game score composer."
What
words would you use to describe yourself? "Charming, funny, trustworthy, good with the ladies (quote: Luke), a good friend, intelligent, faithful."
What is the most exciting thing you got to do this year? "Join marching band as an 8th grader."
What
do you want to tell the future you? "I want to be able to say to him, 'You did good.'"
No comments:
Post a Comment