Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Easter 2018 (and a Little April Fooling, Too)

Reunited for Easter!  Easter fell on a General Conference Weekend, as well as on April Fool's Day this year.  It was nice to know, after our long, late drive, that church Easter inspiration would be enjoyed in our jammies on the couch.  We enjoyed listening to conference talks and the music of the Tabernacle Choir in our sleepy state.  Between sessions, the kids received Easter baskets and we dyed eggs.  Then Tommy and Luke asked me to just hide the eggs in the backyard, "like you were the Easter Bunny, Mom!" and the boys had a hilarious and very fast egg hunt.  I think it took about 2 minutes before it was over.

Adam won the prize for Best Husband Ever (as he does every day), and had made us a delicious Easter feast.  He printed off all the recipes and did all the preparation and planning, from shopping to writing down the time each thing had to be started in order for it all to finish at the same time.  It was so adorable and tasty.  I think it tasted even better because I didn't make it!  I told him he could take on holiday dinners forever.  He didn't think that was my best idea ever like I did.

Because Easter fell on April Fools Day, there were antics about.  When I went to get ice from the ice maker, I discovered my glass full of Lego parts instead of ice--thanks a lot, Josh!  At bedtime Adam and I had a hard time stretching out because we had been short-sheeted by Ben--ha ha, kid!  But we had one up our sleeves, too.  Adam had unwrapped chocolates and re-wrapped grapes to put in their Easter baskets.  We thought it would be hilarious!  But the joke was mostly on us.  First of all, Adam, who did all the work to execute my brilliant internet find, said it took hours to get enough wrappers that didn't tear in the unwrapping, and then they mostly didn't stick when they were wrapped back on, so the "candy" looked really sketchy.  Then I had to BEG the kids to eat their "Butterfinger egg" chocolates, because that isn't one of their usual candies of choice (but one that has a wrapper), so they were eating the other treats first.  It took almost all day for them to even discover the trick, and they were super suspicious because I had to force them to try the eggs.  Hahaha!  So it was really funny in the end, but mostly because it felt like a comedy of errors for Adam and I, rather than that they discovered silly grapes in their candy wrapper. 





















1 comment:

Candace said...

Laughing out loud at Easter April Fool’s! 😂😂😘😘