New York City Days One and Two, as told by Tommy.
We dropped our car off and then took a cab into the city. It was really busy. We got to the brownstone we were renting and then walked to get pizza at the yummiest pizza place ever.
Our first full day in New York we went on a really cool tour. We took the subway to get there. The subway was pretty crowded sometimes, which was squishy. Then we got off at the wrong spot, so we were a little late to our tour, but they waited for us. The tour company was Real New York City Tours and my Uncle Ryan helps them sometimes with their company. He helped us get tickets for the tour and then SURPRISE! He was there! It took me a minute to figure out what was going on because I was NOT expecting that. It was funny...and awesome. Some of the places we saw were Times Square, Little Italy, Chinatown (which keeps on growing and taking over Little Italy), the place John Lennon was shot, the Center of the Universe, the Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, Ground Zero, Washington Square Park. I don't remember any more. It was a cool tour, and there were a lot of things they said, and I can't remember a lot of it, but I liked learning about all the places. We walked SO FAR. We also took the subway four more times.
The next day was Thanksgiving Day. We woke up early to go see the parade. It was so crowded, Mom and Dad said they heard it was one of the most highly attended Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parades ever! It was also very cold. I had a lot of layers on and still got really cold. Some of my favorite floats were the elves and Olaf. The bands and the flag wavers were really cool. After that, we went to have lunch somewhere warm. We cared more that it was warm than where we went, so we had Italian, even though we were having Italian for dinner, too. We went to Radio City Music Hall and saw the Rockettes Christmas Show. I really liked it! The dancers did all the same things, and in the Toy Soldier one they did something that was almost impossible, they leaned back on the very tip of their heels! It was cool. After that we walked around the city more. We saw some amazing window displays for Christmas, like Lego and Snow White (Oscar de la Renta) and the ice rink at Rockefeller Center. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Buca di Beppo, which I liked better than turkey. I was having the best time ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment