Everyday Tommy has to have his backpack on, just like Luke, when we set off to walk Lukey to his afternoon kindergarten class. Everyday Tom wants a snack placed inside a pocket, and his water bottle tucked in the large pouch, and his sunglasses on his face, which will be removed from his face, put in a pocket, zipped up safely, then taken back out and put back on his face at least twice on the 5 minute walk. Everyday he says, "Mom, I go to school too? Luke goes to school. Tommy goes to school?" Everyday I have to say, "No, buddy, not until next year. Next year you get to go to preschool." Everyday Tommy responds, "Awwwwww," in a total 'aw shucks' tone. Everyday I think this brief exchange is so dang cute and I want to smoosh him with hugs and kisses. Everyday we walk to school and back home again, backpack on. And even though he never gets to go in, everyday he still insists on wearing his backpack for our walk to school.
4 comments:
He is so cute. I have a feeling I am in for the same thing with Jakob.
My heart swells! This is so cute! Cn we walk to school when we come?
<3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That backpack is the cutest thing! It's so hard to be the little one left behind!
Post a Comment