We had about five inches fall on Monday night that hadn't really even started melting before last night's storm blew in, giving us another seven. Snow not only coats the world in a beautiful white blanket that makes everything feel a little more quiet, peaceful and magical, but it is SO fun! Well, mostly fun. Ben and I had to drive out in it this morning, a very, very slow drive to get him to his indoor soccer game. Driving in it: that's one of the not fun parts of snow. But as soon as we got home we took advantage of snow fun! The boys and I took a nice wintry walk while the flakes still fell, then we went to the big hill behind the elementary school for some sledding.
As badly as Tommy wanted to sled down, I made him stick by my side. He may think he's all good with how quickly his collar bone is healing, but I'm not risking sledding right now! The big boys had some good rides while Luke explored the snowy landscape, and then we headed home to warm back up with soup and cocoa. And now we get to gaze out upon it all evening, watching Christmas movies while we make some decorations, cherishing the gorgeous white world. I can't help smiling every time my eyes flick to the windows and I see our lovely snow. We hope it hangs out long enough to keep things a little white for Christmas!

3 comments:
Beautiful! I look forward to the day when all of my kids are old enough to do fun things like sledding!
What fun! I hope we get a little while we're there, just not on Thurs or Tues :)
Great pictures!
Post a Comment