Mom and Dad had vowed:
Seven-thirty the hour
When waking allowed
Four little boys
Crept quietly in,
Then shouted, "Santa came!"
It made quite a din.
Dad leaped from bed,
Mom sluggishly behind.
The little one still sleeping
Once woken, didn't mind.
We walked down the stairs.
Mom put breakfast in the oven.
By the hearth, Santa's gifts found
Their toys, boys were lovin'.
Then to the living room,
The boys dashed for the tree--
Where more gifts were found
From friends and family.
Smiles and shouts,
Joy and glee,
Five boys found all they wished for,
And then so did we.
To church we all went,
As it should be this day.
To Celebrate Him,
Who showed us The Way.
Music abundant,
The Spirit was near,
Tommy's blood sugar soaring,
Dad struggled to hear.
Then home for some lazy
New toys and games play.
Luke absorbed in Batman.
Took most of the day.
Ben took pictures,
Zac Wii'ed in pieces,
Josh was Fidget friend ga-ga,
Tommy plundered the Reese's.
Mom took a nap,
Dad ate homemade caramel
Then tried out the new Zelda,
And did rather well.
There were games played together,
And games played alone.
Laughter was king,
In our warm, cozy home.
Feeling a bit sad,
For family wasn't here;
But with them in our hearts
They will always be near.
Dinner was scrumptious,
Dessert divine.
Family karaoke.
Boys sleeping by nine.
Christmas was great,
We had lots of fun.
And are so very grateful for
The birth of God's Son.
| This year Ben REALLY wanted a Rapids uniform. Santa could only find the scarf and away team shirt, but Ben was mighty pleased! |
| Ruby's expression is clearly saying, "Is this ALL? Sheesh." But she loved her "hide a treat" chew toy. |
| Luke found the Christmas Pickle! |
| Can I eat these? |
| Tommy's expressions at every gift he opened were priceless. He's such a happy boy and was SO excited about everything, including brothers' toys! |
| Adam brought me home Trader Joe's Mini Rice Crackers for Christmas!!! One of my favorite snacks, but not available here because there are no Trader Joe's. YUM and HOORAY! |
| Alea had my name for the Conlin adult family name draw this year. She picked out some SUPER cute things! I love new clothes.... |
| Grandma and Grandpa got the boys five different "Green" craft kits. They are so cool. Tommy carried this one around ALL. DAY. LONG. He's excited to paint rocks! |
| The boys have played Apples to Apples, which they received from Aunt Sara, five times already! |
| I made Tommy his special plate the week before Christmas. It came out so great! I just love it. His rocket says, "Tommy shoots for the moon." |
6 comments:
Awesome gifts. Tell Luke I love the batman toy. Tommy's plate is awesome. I plan to do those for the kids this next year for all their birthdays.
It looks like you guys had a great Christmas. You I almost got Carson that exact same batman toy but I got a different one instead and I almost got Zachary that same spy gear as well. I am glad you guys had a good Christmas.
What a great day! The looks on the boys faces were priceless! I missed seeing it in person, but can't wait until Thurs/Fri Christmas Revisted!
Great poem and pictures! Night vision goggles were a good find. I think my boys had that a few years ago, and loved it until it broke. It was a good affair while it lasted.
sounds like a pretty awesome christmas!
Loved the poem Colleen! Your talent knows no bounds :) Sounds like a great Christmas!
Post a Comment