Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Spookified!

October is here!  And the house is now adorned in its full spoooooky regalia!  On Saturday we cranked up the volume on the speakers and listened to another wonderful General Conference session while putting up our Halloween decor.  It makes me happy, it's so fun!

For its second year as the star attraction of our living room, I added a few items to our haunted house apothecary table.  It was tough, but I went out into the deep woods and found a hovel made of sticks, home to one warty old hag, and bottled up some steam from her cook fire.  Useful for all kinds of great wart cures and wart curses.  And we went for the real deal this year and replaced Love Potion No. 4, the dangerous loved-to-death variety, with the more useful, but just as dangerous, Love Potion No. 9.  It is the potion you need if you are looking for someone to fall crazy in love, note the emphasis on the CRAZY!

 Luke and Josh really got into the spirit this past week and made an entire wall full of paper skeletons.  And then spent their Conference Sunday diligently sitting at the counter making paper monsters of all sorts: warewolves, Frankenstein and the Shadow Monster. 


Aside from our cute little felt ball monsters that we made last Sunday, our new addition to this year's Halloween decor is this cute yarn-wrapped chipboard "BOO" decoration, hanging just above the little line of monsters.  It was not my idea, but I don't remember what crafty blog I found it on a few weeks ago, one of the ones on my sidebar I am sure, but I loved it the moment I saw it and had to have one.  It was pretty easy, except for the B that required a lot of creative gluing.  I'm really happy with it! 


Happy October!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Awesome. Dave wants to make the little monsters. I remember seeing the boo craft too and I loved it. I am going to spookify in the next few days. Got a new witch for my witch collection. :)
Sorry I forgot to tell you about my haircut. I thought I did. :) Missing you big time right now.

ashley said...

Such a fun time of year, for parents and kids alike! I love the spookified Conlin house. I have got to get some felt so we can give those monsters a try!

Alea said...

I really love all your halloween decor! You are such a fun mom! The foam monsters are just about the cutest things I've ever seen!!