Here we are at another first day of fall! The start of the Chaos family's very favorite season (although we do LOVE them all!). It was a gorgeous day, sunny and warm (high 70's) with a perfect little cool breeze, just to remind you that Autumn had indeed arrived but that Summer had yet to relinquish her warm embrace. With the arrival of fall, we celebrated once again with our annual feast: pot roast with potatoes and carrots, homemade bread, pumpkin pies and apple cider for toasting. The boys had been so excited for it all week long. I love that this little tradition Adam and I started back when we were first married has become one of our boys' favorite days of the year. The feast was, as always, delicious! With my success at last year's first attempt at homemade Thanksgiving pie crusts, I made the crusts from scratch again, and, really, I am sold on "from scratch." I feel that food made from scratch really is simply better. Tommy felt similarly about the homemade whipped cream he got to eat by the spoonful from the bowl. :)
With bellies full and hearts happy we moved from the indoors to the outdoors. Our neighbor brought over a cute little acorn man yesterday as a thank you after we dropped off a plate of chocolate chip pumpkin bread. We loved him so much we had to make more! They all came out so cute, and each one unique!
To finish off the first night of fall, we held a "cinema under the stars" in our backyard. The cool breeze had turned into a chilly night, so we piled on the blankets, snuggled close together and enjoyed the Chaos version of a drive-in theater. Don't judge: we watched Spooky Buddies. It was every bit as entertaining to the boys as I predicted it would be (I don't know why, but they LOVE those Buddies movies!). Likewise, it was every bit as eye-rolling to Adam and I as I predicted it would be!
Hooray for Fall! Hooray for Fall Feast! Hooray for special family traditions! Hooray for cute acorn men! Hooray for Spooky Buddies?
5 comments:
Hooray!!! and Yummy!! Love the acorn dolls...
LOVE this one! I wish I was there for the feast and the movie. That looks like so much fun!!!!
Do you know how amazing you are! I can barely keep up with 3 kids in school right now, having moved, etc. I feel like I'm dropping the ball on special occasions recently like, oh I don't know...only our TENTH anniversary!!!? You should bottle your energy up and sell it! I'd buy a whole case! :)
Family traditions are awesome! Fun night for the Conlin family. I tried to get spooky buddies from red box but no luck:{!
I thought about you doing the fall feast last week, and I wondered how it all went. I almost tried it, but I did pumpkin bread and cream cheese frosting instead. I must say though, the feast is cool. It looks amazing! And the movie...fun! You are such a great mom.
Post a Comment