We gathered on Tuesday for our final Summer of Art activity before we head to Washington. This time we learned about Albrecht Durer, who was a master printer and famous for his woodcuts. We opted for a softer medium than wood, and did some potato stamp art instead. Once again, Adri marveled us with her own work from art classes past, and then led us in our activity. The kids had a good time carving out the potatoes, and made some pretty fantastic carvings. Then they stamped out their work in about 20 seconds, ready to move on to playing together! Another fun, successful day of art!
Luke wanted his stamp to be an X! I loved that...my little tagger!
Adam recently suggested we consider calling this summer The Summer of Yog-Art instead of just the Summer of Art. It is a fact that we have embraced our new-found love of frozen yogurt this summer, and have regularly patronized our local brand-new frozen yogurt eateries. Yo Yogurt and Lulu's, two favorites! Last week, when we met at our house for our art, we took the kids for a walk to yogurt after our art activities. This week, with the nearest yogurt place too far for a walk, Adri grabbed some Go-Gurt from the freezer. The frozen yogurt love lived on! So the Summer of Yog-Art it will be! :)
And now we are off to Washington for a nice long visit with family and friends. We are SO excited!!!! But I will keep updating on our trip, so keep checking back. The biggest drawback of a private blog is that it doesn't give you an update feed, but I promise to still post regularly, if you keep coming back!







4 comments:
I thought you were going to say Yoga, that you were also into yoga. But yoghurt works. And it's amazing how creative stamping can be out of just a potato! And all so different.
Glad you made it to washington safely!the biggest drag for me about having a private blog was that my "older" family members really just couldn't figure it out...too much of a hassle to login and stuff and they kept emailing me about it. I just gave up. Sometimes I write posts and keep them in draft form so I have them, but they aren't published. When you print your blog, you can print all the more private posts to have in your journal.
Love the potato art. The pictures of all of those kiddos made me miss everyone. We are still trying to make our way to Colorado this summer. Have fun in Washington!
Love the potatoes! I have thought about doing that with the kids...and this has me convinced. :) Enjoy your time in Washington!
Post a Comment