There aren't many words to say about what I did Friday night. The pictures speak for themselves. "Mmmmm. Ohhhhh, yeaaaaah. Oooooooooh." That's just about what they have to say.









Below are the ones I made. My very first made-up-from-my-own-brain cookie recipe, well, second, I guess. I have a few "secret ingredients" I use in my chocolate chip cookies. I felt so proud! Oh, and are they addicting! You are going to have to wait for a minute now while I go get myself one..........mmmm...munch...gobble...smack...liiiiiick! OK, moving on.

My friend Adri and I planned a little "sweet and greet" as a "see you later" party for our friend Shaina who is moving about 20 minutes south, to Fountain, CO, before Christmas. Everyone brought a treat and the recipe to share and swap. We thought it was a perfect way to celebrate our friendship with Shaina--friends: because she's a fantastic friend; and food: because, boy, can she cook! Every one of the cookies/brownies/sweets were...well, words can't describe how joyous my mouth was, and my belly was stuffed full of sugary happiness. But in the words of my friend Kerri (who because of her occupation as a nurse knows exactly which body part makes insulin), "My pancreas hurts!" But the part that bested the cookies in a battle of "favorite part of the night" was the part where I got to spend it all with the fine women in the picture below. I love them, each and all.
(Back to Front, Left to Right: Kerri, Me, Shaina, Margaret, Adri, Paula, Kristi, Heidi, Ashley K., Jen, Chalene, Katie, Jenny B., Ashley B.)I'm a little jealous of last-night me. I'd like to be her again right about now, because eating all these leftovers by myself just doesn't feel quite as acceptable to my love handles as doing it with friends.
6 comments:
It was a delightful night, indeed!
Fabulous pictures of all the yummy treats. Boy am I going to miss everyone. You have to promise that you won't forget about me!
HOLY CRAP!! I am in heaven just looking at the pictures. Everything looks so divine.
Yummy!!! Do freeze some of those for when we arrive ;)
Not fair to post pictures like that..the food and the friend one. Now I am a blubbering mess. Someday they will invent a way to mail food, and I will be a happy woman.
seriously?!?!?!?!? You're killing me with those photos! So yummy!:):)
Post a Comment