Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Friday, November 12, 2010

You're Yes Then You're No

One thing we can say for sure about our darling Luke...he likes to keep us guessing!

Remember this gymnastics-loving child?
An activity that was often happily followed by near-comatose states such as this:
And this:And sometimes caused spontaneous joyful dance moves like this:
Well, for three weeks it seemed opinion had changed. For three attempts at taking Luke to gymnastics we had only stubborn refusal, copious tears, unbeatable grouchiness, and pure "NO." There was no swaying him, no bribery that would work, no pleading that would soften, no consequences that would change his mind. I left the gym feeling beyond irritated. I don't care if he doesn't like gymnastics. It was mostly for fun, and a little bit for helping him do some "heavy work" that was encouraged by his O.T for his sensory issues. I just wish he had made it clear during the free trial class that he didn't care for it, instead of three weeks after I paid for it. Oh, and there was NO WAY he was going to be signed up for the next session. I was ticked off about it, but I had come to terms with the fact that gymnastics was a lost cause.Lost cause or not, I was determined to take him every week until this already paid for session was over. So we went today. I was worried. I was stressed. I was holding my breath as we walked up the stairs to class. And there wasn't a problem at all. In fact, he was downright jubilant! I a-l-m-o-s-t thought I might sign him up for the next session. Almost. But no. We're taking a break. Maybe after the new year...IF he seems to miss it a lot. I'm a softie, but I'm no sucker. Oh, but he sure was cute! And in a great mood all day.What gives?! Oh, Luke, always keeping us guessing!

3 comments:

ashley said...

He sure is a cutie! I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Lady Gaga and taking pictures of my kids crying :) Some of those sad/mad faces are too cute not to capture!

Candace said...

Yea for Today, Luke! Glad you had fun!

maynardmoments said...

So glad he went to class today. We miss gymnastics so much around here. ugh. I wish we could pass some of it on to Luke and get over it here.
He sure is a cutie, and I loved the dancing picture. Cracked me up.