Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

School's Out!!

Luke's birthday was also the last day of school for Zach and Ben. All three of the boys had fabulous years academically and socially! I am so proud of them and how hard they work at school. They had two incredible teachers, Zach with Mme. East and Ben with Mme. Noel, who really did their best to help the boys with their individual needs, even with the 23 other students they had to focus on! I felt that Zach and Ben were supported, encouraged, heard, understood and educated! Their communication with me was excellent too. What a blessing great teachers are! Ben had a tight group of buddies in his class this year, they were so cute together in their little boy pack, it will be sad if they all get split up next year, as I am sure they will. Zach made some close friendships this year too, and along with them, dealt with the ups and downs of 3rd grade friendship. They are both looking forward to many summer playdates! I hope every year goes this well.
Heading off to the last day of school...no gate necessary since the fence that blew down in last week's wind storm is still being fixed!
Zach with Mme. East
Ben with Mme. Noel
Josh had his last day of preschool the week before Memorial Day. This was his second year with Miss Amy and he enjoyed it so much. She is a great teacher with a deep love for her preschoolers. But with as much as he loved his preschool year, that kid is SURE ready for Kindergarten! He'd dispense with summer altogether and head straight to school if he could!I am really looking forward to summer. I've been counting down along with the boys to this last day! I love having my boys home with me so I can spend precious time together that we don't have during the school year. So much to look forward to: fun activities with no major schedule to adhere to, a good dose of laziness, our trip to WASHINGTON, camping with friends, hikes in the mountains, Scout camp, long summer evenings, picnics and playing in the sunshine, time with friends at parks, all of it!

But I know I'll be excited for school to start again come mid-August!

5 comments:

Mags said...

With a new baby in tow, if you decide to hang at a playground lazily this summer out here, let me know. My boys would have a blast getting out to run around.

Alea said...

Yay for summer and trips to WASHINGTON!!!!

The Ahlstrom Family said...

I'm with you - I am ready for summer! :) Love the post! I was just making a mental note tonight to make sure to take lots of pictures on the last day for my kids! You got some great ones!!! I thought your comment about Zach and 3rd grade friendships was so funny because I have heard so much the past few weeks about 3rd grade and how much the social structure changes. YIKES! I'm glad I only have to deal with 2nd grade next year! Here's to a fun summer for you guys!!!

Candace said...

Happy Summer! See you soon! YEA!!

ashley said...

And when might that Washington trip be?? :)