Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Five Stages

Denial: Hmmm. That's interesting. Why are you doing that with your leg, Tommy? What good is that? You really shouldn't bend it like that it might get tired or sore. There's really no good reason I can see for you to move your leg in that way, why don't you go ahead and stick it out in front of you again. Anger: Don't reach for that! It's too far! No Tommy. That toy is too far for you! Nooooooo!!!!! Stop that!
Bargaining: If you don't push up on your arms like that Tommy, Mommy will nurse you all night long. No? You're just going to nurse all night long anyway? Yeah, I bet you are. OK. How about I make you some yummy sweet potatoes then, and I promise I won't try to sneak in peas too.Depression: Oh no. This is terrible. What am I going to do?!! How will I be able to keep this kid from choking on Legos, or worse...MARBLES?! He is going to get into everything. I'll really have to start cleaning the floors more regularly and I hate cleaning the floors. This is going to be awful. Life as I know it will cease to exist and I will be trailing a busy, wobbly walker all day long! {groan} Goodbye blogging, goodbye books, goodbye productivity. Quick! Someone tie a brick to that kid's bum!
Acceptance: OK. Crawling is obviously on its way. I don't feel like I'm quite ready for this part, but ready or not! It's coming. And it's good. Babies are supposed to do this around this age. {deep breath} I've been here before...four times. I can do this. I bet there is a way I can hide the Legos, the big boys will help in that, I am sure. And if I sneak a few marbles into the trash can every day maybe they will all be gone by the time he's really on the move. Life is about to get WAY more interesting!

5 comments:

Jen said...

yay for crawling. Sorry mommy. Max will be glad to show him all the places he can get into trouble around here. Although so far around here all the little stuff is pretty confined to Hannah's room.

Angie said...

I love your posting so much!!
you and your family are so adorable

Candace said...

Funny! And inevitable! And exciting! Now where's the gate?

Alissa Maxwell said...

Soooo cute! On the bright side, summertime means you can put him out in the grass and just worry about him eating bugs, mushrooms, leaves,... oh nevermind. Bugger!

Jeff and Lori said...

Way to go Tommy, good luck mommy!