With summer here and the warm weather pulling us outside like moths to a flame, but with Tommy's nap schedule largely controlling our movement beyond the house, we've been spending a lot of time in our backyard. Usually I put a blanket down for him, but this week I found a large enough green patch to let Tommy give grass a try. He was pretty interested in it, pulling it, running his hands over it, getting a sense of its texture. I could see his little brain going, "What is this curious stuff? Do I eat it? It's not really soft, but not really hard either. Look! I can get some in my hand if I pull hard. Hmm..."
Welcome to Conlin Chaos
Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Saturday, June 12, 2010
First Grass
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
And I love those cute little chubby cheeks and thighs! I loved watching Brielle the first time she felt grass as well. It took a while, but she likes it now :)
The line that rang truest for me was, "Tommy's nap schedule largely controlling our movement beyond the house..." :)
He is amazingly well balanced for a foot being above ground! Those thigh rolls are so cute.
Kimble experienced his first grass last weekend, and he was entranced!
Oh my gosh, look at those chubby legs!! I love them!! Grass is funny, too, I can only imagine what goes through the head of a little one experiencing it on their little legs and toes for the first time. What a cutey!!
You are so observant. How lucky Tommy is!
I must say I agree with everyone else. Those thigh rolls took over the post. Way too cute! Gotta love our chubby babies.
I can't tell you how I giggled when I read his foot hovered there the whole time. Karl, too, isn't sure what to make of grass, but he does love pulling it!
cute little guy! He's getting tall too!! put that kid in gymnastics - he's got some serious leg muscles!
Cute!!!! Our kids have reacted the same way at that age. Maybe their feet are super sensitive to the tickling grass?
Post a Comment