
1. Tommy LOVES solid food. When he sees me getting it ready, i.e. melting the cubes from the freezer, he
knows what it means. He gets all excited, bouncing up and down in his high chair, giving high-pitched squeals. His hands-down favorite is sweet potatoes, and for awhile he did not like peas one bit. But he's even starting to gobble those down, and carrots too. He also likes pears and apples. We're starting to try foods that have a bit more texture. We gave him baby-milled blueberries this week. He seemed to like the flavor, but the extra texture of the skins made him gag a little and drool them all out. I should add that Tommy in NO way intends on slowing down his nursing volume just because he's eating more solids. In fact, I believe he wants to nurse more often, just to let me know that I'm still his favorite. And that's just fine by me.

2. Tommy's sleeping seems to be getting back on track. That means he's only waking up three times to eat at night and taking good naps again, instead of the constant night-waking which requires constant night-nursing and needing to be held to sleep for any long stretch at all.

3. Tommy likes to dance! Sometimes we listen to tunes when I'm making lunch or dinner. Tommy likes to sit and watch me from his high chair. Often times I turn around to see him bopping away in his seat, mimicking my dancing. Awesome.

4. As seen in previous photos, Tommy has become a sitter in the past month, and gets better and better at sitting solidly every day. He's pretty balanced and only tips over when he gets excited about something or tries to reach too far for something he wants. Sometimes he gets tried and starts to fold over too, but he's good about letting me know when he's uncomfortable by giving a loud annoyed squeak.

5. Tommy is starting to make a few consonant sounds. He's making the "da" sound, sometimes it's a solid "DA DA DA DA" and other times it sounds a bit like he's adding some tip of tongue to the gums so it comes out more of a "thda." He also makes a bit of a "t" sound, repeated like "t-t-t-t-t." He also says something that sounds suspiciously similar to "hey," and yes, I am sure he absolutely does it on purpose because he's obviously a genius baby. :) In addition, he still endeavors to be the raspberry blowing champion of babydom. It's loud, funny and non-stop.

6. The spitting-up for Tommy is tapering. He still spits-up from time to time, but the volume is way down. He's down to one dose of baby Zantac a day. The spitting-up dampness, however, has now been replaced by drool dampness. So, although I do not like the way the drooler bibs cover up his cute little outfits, they are the only thing that keeps me from having to change his shirts 10 times a day.

7. Tommy loves to laugh at/with all of us. He gets a good chuckle out of games such as, "Boo!" and "Where's Tommy?" Also on the funny list are "I'm Gonna Get You" that includes reaching for his belly with fingers curled into tickle position, and "Mommy's Hiding, There She Is!" Splashing in the bath is another huge hit for the boy. He kicks the water with his feet, making a huge mess and getting a big laugh! What am I saying?! For Tommy, almost everything is on the funny list.

8. Tommy is happy with his whole body. When he's excited or joyous about something, which is most of the time, he shows it with every wiggly muscle in his body. If he could leap into my arms, I know he would!

9. Tommy makes me think of the song, "Somebody's Eyes Are Watching" from
Footloose, because he is ALWAYS watching me. "Don't you dare leave the room, Mommy! I see you! I'm good as long as you just stay in my line of sight." I love glancing over at him in his exersaucer, or on the floor, or in his high chair, or in Adam's arms, to see him intently staring at me, and the second we make eye contact it's like his dearest dream has come true! He is so happy! He squeals with delight and arches his back towards me, like, "OK! You see me here! Come get me now!" And how can I say no to that?!

10. Tommy has the saddest cry in the world. And he uses the fact that it breaks my heart to his every advantage. But as soon as we are together, and he is in my arms once again, bliss returns.

Golly, I love this boy! Just thinking about him fills me with joy. What would my life be without my Tommy?!
7 comments:
What a cutie! He and Max may have to have a competition this summer to see who can throw a better tantrum. Max is like Luke with the full on lay on the floor, head down with arms and legs flailing. Glad he is loving the food and sleeping a bit better.
I love him. I love him I love him I love him.
How adorable, he is growing so quick. He looks so much like the other boys. Definitely see momma in him too.
Oh, that was a marvelous description of Tommy. Well done. Makes me want to come over and be an observer in your house for an afternoon.
Oh I just can't wait to play "Gonna Get You" with him and hear him squeal next week!!!
I can't believe how fast he is growing up. I always love seeing drooly baby mouths if that makes sense! He is a sweet baby!
He is starting to look like the other Conlin boys. He is absolutely adorable. I can't help but smile when looking at the cute pictures of him.
Post a Comment