1. (We'll start with the big one) Do you want a girl?
I don't mind this question when phrased that way. But one of my biggest pet peeves is the question that is usually behind this question, "Did you get pregnant so you could maybe have a girl?" Really? No. We did not decide to have another baby on the 5% chance that it could be a girl. In addition, it implies that we are unhappy with our four amazing, probably to-be-five amazing boys. Which is absolutely, unequivocally untrue. That said, we would love to have a girl. I think Adam and I both always thought our family would include at least one. But we are already planning on our little boy, since that's what we do, we have boys, and we do it pretty well, I think! We would love, and be excited about, another boy. And I will give you four reasons why (can you tell who is who? i dare you!):

Dear me, no! Although this 12-passenger beauty is not uncommon at all here in the Springs where large families seem to flourish. However, I am hoping to avoid this van, exhausting all other possibilities. For now, our current van will be squishy, but we all fit...although I'd love an excuse to get a new one as you all know!
5. Has this pregnancy been the same or different so far?
Actually, it has been pretty different. I've never been this sick. But I have known women who have had it way worse than me, and after this pregnancy I admire them all the more, especially if they have more than one! And not all of my pregnancies have been exactly the same anyhow. But this has been the sickest. On that note, I really did think I had the stomach flu from that slug post awhile back. But after no one else got it, I thought it was food poisoning. Then it happened again, a whole day, sun-up to long-after sun-down sick. So then I was suspicious. And my doc confirmed it. I guess in a sea of nausea sometimes you can have a day where your body just can't take it anymore. But! I have been feeling a bit better the past couple of days. Not back to normal yet, but any better is waaaaay better. Now if only there was a cure for sleepiness....
6. But you rode roller coasters!
Yes, I did. And they were very fun. And the baby is fine, just as I knew he'd be. I did avoid the jerky ones though. No Thunder Mountain, no Star Tours, no Matterhorn. Nothing where I was worried I would hurt the baby in any way. One thing I do well: get pregnant and stay pregnant until someone makes that baby come!
7. How are you feeling about having five?
I am actually pretty nervous. I mean four kids is a big family. But, in my head, five is a huge family. I think I have felt during this pregnancy really similar to my first: very excited and pretty scared all in one. But I have a wonderful husband who is an amazing teammate and loves being an active and involved dad, family and friends who are such an encouragement and support, and four boys who are going to be great big brothers, once again.
8. Speaking of the boys, what do they think?
Zach and Ben are both really excited about having another baby. Zach was told pretty early, since he was starting to get worried about how sick I was without knowing why. He's hoping the baby will ask him to baptize it when it is 8 and he is 16. Ben and Josh we told after we had the ultrasound last Monday and saw that sweet little heartbeat. That night Ben came downstairs and told me all the ways he could help with the new baby (this is our child that for at least 3 years has said he wants to have 10 kids when he grows up). My favorite suggestion was that he could push the baby in a stroller for the times when Luke still needed to be in a stroller and I needed to push him. What a sweetheart! Josh seems happy about it. He is always loving on other people's babies and talks excitedly about having a new baby. And he is thrilled that the baby's due date is just two days after his fifth birthday. Let's just hope they don't end up sharing, it might seem fun at first, but I don't think either of them will like it so much as the years wear on. Luke, well, he isn't going to know what hit him. And I am not sure he is going to be overjoyed. We will have to see!
9. Are you planning on delivering again without an epidural?
For now the plan is yes, but, as with Luke, I am giving myself a guilt-free pass if I decide to have one at the last minute. But I didn't with Luke even given the pass, and I don't plan on it this time around either. The biggest thing that may change that plan is if they decide to induce me, as they have in the past because of my humungo babies. If I am induced again...well, we'll see!
10. OK, so there's not really 10. But "Top Nine" didn't sound as cool.
13 comments:
Fun post! It answered a few of my questions. I have plenty more for you though, like when did you actually find out your were pregnant? Misery loves company, and I for one, have been VERY sick and exhausted as well. We should compare notes...after all, we are only 2-3 weeks apart! You just have yours late and I will have mine early, then we can be hospital buddies.
You are almost out of the sick zone though...hooray for Colleen!!!!
Very fun Q&A. I love how you just "got it all out there" about the girl thing and the five thing...you're awesome and you crack me up. You should check into Zofran for that morning sickness, girl! I can't imagine how you're functioning.
What a fun post! I love how you and Adam are so close to Heavenly Father and truly sought guidance on this important issue. Sometimes I am too scared to ask because I don't want to know the answer ;).
I can't tell the babies apart--but think they are all sooo cute. I love a chubby baby!
Here's my guesses:
Josh, Luke, Ben, Zach
I love all your answers because they are all so YOU! I was just thinking in the shower this morning - why do I feel like 4 kids is a big family and 5 is huge? I don't have a reason, but glad you have the same thought.
Don't hate me...but all those babies all kinda look the same---very cute! but I think I can guess one...I think Luke is # 2.
Ok, only one of those questions were mine: was it planned? Thanks for answering it! I couldn't be more happy for your family!!! Oh, I love the van photo!! It made me laugh!
Holy cow, I get asked, "So you guys gonna try for a girl next?" I mean what the heck. I am in agreement with you, boys are so much fun. We are also in the boat of....do we have more?.... That's just such a hard question. I mean it's spirits waiting to come to earth and could be your family. I'm glad you all are brave and can figure it out. We're at the part of not wanting to ask just yet.
Loved your Q&A!!! And love each answer. And love each baby! As I said, I can't wait to see what this little personality will be like. Each one is a blessing...love Nana x 5
How thoughtful to answer those personal questions for all of us nosy-folks. Seriously lately I have become so nosey and I don't even care! I think we are all such voyeurs anyway, especially with blogs :) So firstly your boys are all so cute and look SO similar I seriously can't tell and usually I'm good at that stuff. And yes it was the rollercoaster posts that confirmed my suspicions - that you didn't ride any of the really crazy ones! Yippee!!! So exciting. :)
NICE! Cute little babies!! I love them! They all look like the exact same baby. Now THAT'S crazy!!
You will do great with 5 - you are such a laid-back, easy-going mom that I'm sure adding one more will just seem natural.
And, by the way, you really have been "hiding" your sickies very well. None of that "poor me" attitude. Well, go ahead and let it out now. What do you need? I'll come sweep your floor?!
i'm so proud of you for answering all our many and veried questions open and honestly! ;) i can't wait to see what you're getting! which ever you get - you make darling babies!
What?! You went all natural? Why would you do that? The drugs are sooooooo nice. You so are much stronger than I am. I would never even consider it.
you answered all my questions! That was a great post. I am one of 5 kids and it seemed like the perfect number of kids to have around. Hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment