These little moments with the kids have meant so much to me over the past few days. Our neighbors that live across the street have a son who is 12-years-old who recently fought and won the battle against a tumor in his brain, only to discover that his chest is riddled with tumors. Needless to say, things are looking very badly right now. He may not survive this weekend. But miracles happen. We believe that, and his very strong Christian family believes as well. He was never expected to survive the first tumor either. But we also know that sometimes God has different plans for us then we have for ourselves. We have a constant prayer in our hearts for Ian and his family, for comfort, strength and healing...and if possible, another miracle. Please join us in this prayer, and take time to enjoy the little moments with your children. They are so precious and so fleeting.
Welcome to Conlin Chaos
Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Come. Enjoy! You know we do!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Bubbles in the Bath
I don't know a kid who doesn't L-O-V-E bubbles (or an adult for that matter-especially my mom, the bubbleaholic), and our kids are definitely included in that! However, I am a stinker mom, and don't allow bubbles in the house, just outside. But there is one special indoor place that bubbles are allowed...the tub! One of the things about a big family is that sometimes you get so caught up in the business of it all that all those things that brought so much joy to your oldest ones when they were little get forgotten by the time your littlest ones would enjoy those very same things. Like bubbles in the bath; I don't mean bubble bath, which even the big ones still enjoy often, but blowing big ol' bubbles for them while the kids are in the bath tub. But last night my memory was triggered by some bubbles that the boys brought home as a favor from a birthday party yesterday (maybe it's the pregnancy that is bringing back all these old memories, like Alzheimer's; I can't remember that the milk doesn't go in the cupboard, but I can remember things from five years ago!). 
These little moments with the kids have meant so much to me over the past few days. Our neighbors that live across the street have a son who is 12-years-old who recently fought and won the battle against a tumor in his brain, only to discover that his chest is riddled with tumors. Needless to say, things are looking very badly right now. He may not survive this weekend. But miracles happen. We believe that, and his very strong Christian family believes as well. He was never expected to survive the first tumor either. But we also know that sometimes God has different plans for us then we have for ourselves. We have a constant prayer in our hearts for Ian and his family, for comfort, strength and healing...and if possible, another miracle. Please join us in this prayer, and take time to enjoy the little moments with your children. They are so precious and so fleeting.
These little moments with the kids have meant so much to me over the past few days. Our neighbors that live across the street have a son who is 12-years-old who recently fought and won the battle against a tumor in his brain, only to discover that his chest is riddled with tumors. Needless to say, things are looking very badly right now. He may not survive this weekend. But miracles happen. We believe that, and his very strong Christian family believes as well. He was never expected to survive the first tumor either. But we also know that sometimes God has different plans for us then we have for ourselves. We have a constant prayer in our hearts for Ian and his family, for comfort, strength and healing...and if possible, another miracle. Please join us in this prayer, and take time to enjoy the little moments with your children. They are so precious and so fleeting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Those bubbles are awesome I will have to try it with Max. I am sorry for your neighbor. Its never fair to lose anyone especially a child. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
I will keep Ian in my prayers for sure. Just last year our good friend's son was diagnosed with a brain tumor and wasn't expected to make it, but he did. Miracles do happen and I totally believe that God has a plan for each of his children. Ian and his family will be in my prayers--keep us posted!
these are some darling pictures! i need to remember this as well ... easton is doomed to only have showers (they're just easier!) - but every once in a while he gets to sit down in the tub!
How precious. Thank you for sharing. Maybe as a child I was oblivious to the challenges around me, but I only remember one tragic illness of a child I went to school with. It seems now that is it happening left and right. Our ward has recently lost two children and has another fighting for his life. . . two of them with brain tumors as well. I hope that your neighbors find the blessings and peace they seek.
I've been basking in the little things lately, too, especially with Gavin. I look at him and know he has no clue how much his little life is about to change. I'm trying to enjoy him more and take time to enjoy our "just us" moments that are soon to be gone. Thanks for another reminder that I need to do that!
What a great idea...I've never thought about blowing bubbles into the bath tub...I just thought you guys had mad skillz until I read on...you are such a good mom!!
What amazing pictures!! Those are priceless! I have never even considered blowing bubbles when the kids are in the bath - but I love the idea! I don't ususally allow bubbles inside either, but the bath seems like a good exception. :) I am so sorry to hear about your friend and we will keep him in our prayers! I am running the Seattle Rock and Roll marathon with Team in Training to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society, and I have never felt as grateful for health, or as much love for those who have had to endure as I do now. My heart goes out to him and his family.
Delightful photos, sis! Awww!
I am so sorry for your neighbor family's loss, I just can't even imagine the sorrow they must be experiencing. Definitely a reminder to live every day with the ones we love to the fullest, and not worry about the rest. Love.
Adorable pictures! I sure hope all is well with your neighbors and that they can find peace with whatever happens.
Wonderful bubble pictures. Let's remember for the calendar next year!
And I am sorry to hear about your neighbor. The small happy times become even more important. love...
I read this post and then forgot to comment and am doing so now, after Ian has passed away apparently and I commented on that post too. What a wonderful reminder to us to cherish our kids. We just don't know what each day will bring. I don't think no-bubbles-in-the-house is a bad rule - it's ours too! And if you've ever slipped on bubble liquid in the kitchen then that rule gets made pretty dang quick! LOVE the photos of your boys! Amazing shots with bubbles!!
these bubble pictures are so adorable!
This first pic of Josh grinning through a huge bubble...well, it's to die for! You need to frame it and hang it in the bathroom. Or, maybe I'll hang it in MY bathroom! :)
Post a Comment