Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Still Here....

As is obvious by the lack of pictures on this post our computer is STILL not working, but I wanted to let everyone know that we did not disappear into space, I just figure it isn't nearly as interesting reading without pictures, so I haven't been posting. As for the computer, the original problem was that part of the memory that helps it process broke down. They removed that, but didn't have a replacement at the time. This computer store is not close at all, and there are no stores closer that carry this type of memory, so Adam has not been out to get it yet. It is incredibly slow without that piece of memory, so I can't upload pictures. It is really frustrating. So hopefully everything will be fixed soon and I can put up 1000 pictures of all the fun and craziness that has been going on with us.

Luke is feeling better again, he has a new little cold, but hopefully it will stay little. We took him to an ear specialist who said we could put tubes in, but we decided to wait. So hopefully we can keep him ear infection free for awhile. He is less than a month from his first birthday, as crazy as that sounds, and tries so hard to be a big boy like his brothers. We still only get "Daw" for Ruby, and "Hi" when he sees you for the first time out of him as far as words go, but I am hoping "Mama" is around the corner. But the GREAT news is that Luke is finally sleeping through the night 95% of the time! It is amazing; I feel so rested and ready to take on the world. Ahhh, sweet sleepy bliss. I know, who has a kid who still wakes up 3-5 times a night at 10.5 months? ME! But no longer and with Adam's willing help (he was tired too) we got him sleeping well in just three days without much mommy guilt at all. So nice.

Zach is still enjoying his new school and is beginning to feel less like the "new kid" every day. He even had a playdate over at his new friend Corey's house, which he just loved.

Josh, who two months ago I was ready to sell to the first gypsy who passed by the house, has turned into the biggest helper and best listener. I think he just needed dad around again. He is so cute! As we say about our Joshie, he "feels big" whether it is joy, sadness, love, frustration; he does it with such gusto, it is so endearing.

Ben has been loving being home and having all the time in the world to play Lego. It is amazing what he can build. The sets for 8+ years-old? No problem!

All the boys are in swim lessons at the Y and are really enjoying them. Josh is in his first ever lessons and has to wait 45 minutes for the time slot that is after the other boys. He sits still next to me on the bench, wearing his little goggles the whole time! He just can't wait! And then spends half the lesson under water, to the disdain of his teacher. Zach and Ben are also both playing soccer too and have had a fun season. It keeps us kind of crazy busy, but I guess that is what having four boys is all about.

Things are settled nicely here. I still love our house, minus the unfinished basement. But that is ok, I can be patient. I have a bad habit of always saying, "Where we used to live...." And then going on to explain why Washington is better or different from here. I annoy myself with it, so I am sure I am annoying everyone else, but it just kind of pops out! I also had the chance to go to Women's Conference down at BYU with three friends from MBA school. It was incredibly uplifting. Hearing President Monson, Sheri Dew, Julie Beck, John Bytheway, and so many others speak and teach us really comforted me and gave me peace, but also made me want to come home and do so much better! And it was so nice to have a weekend off after six months of part-time single parenting, especially with three such incredible women who I admire greatly. My mom came out to see the boys and lend a hand where needed, especially with Luke (who, at 11 months, still wasn't taking much of a bottle at all before I left-what finally worked? Nuby sippy cups). All went swimmingly here, so much so that I felt like I wasn't missed much at all. Even though Luke was pretty dang glad to see me; and I to see ALL of these wonderful guys.

Anyhow, that is a little update. I hope with all hopefulness that our computer is up and running smoothly very soon, so I don't bore you anymore with pictureless posts!

11 comments:

Jen said...

Well it is about time.:) I would much rather read pictureless posts then nothing at all. BTW Hannah wants Ben to call her back when he has a chance. I'll call tomorrow(thursday) I need help placing a close to my heart order.

Miss You

Angie said...

Thanks for the update...and I agree with Jen. Pictureless posts are better than nothing from you. :)

Jones said...

I still love posts, even without pictures!!

it was SO good to hear how you all were doing...adjusting nicely.

and I heard how incredible Women's Conference was!! one year I'll get back out West for that!!!

emily said...

amen to what jen and angie said - something is always better than nothing! besides ... when you write i can almost hear your voice saying it to me! it was fun to chat with you today!! take care and talk to you soon!

Mary said...

I also agree....pictureless is better than no post at all! We missed you at scrappin' the other day. Glad to hear that you are settling in. I might want a piece of laptop guy though if he doesn't hurry up!

:) Mary

Katrina said...

Your posts are so far from boring!! You are very descriptive and well written so it makes it fun to read still. I have never been to womens conference...I know I am totally missing out! Someday.....!

It's so good to hear from you!!

Camille said...

I'm so happy you were able to go to women's confrence. How fun. We love the nubby's too.

Alea said...

I'm not gonna lie. I like the pictures. But since we're not talking once a day anymore, I'll take what I can get...

Kedra Simpson said...

I am glad to hear things are going well! We miss you so much here. I am excited to see pics, I bet the boys have grown a lot in the short time you have been gone. Have fun!

Amy said...

Colleen,
Great to catch your update. I want to put in a plug for tubes in Luke's ears. ALL our girls have had them, but Anna was especially bad. Even when she didn't have an infection, there was always fluid behind her eardrums...and that is why she didn't sleep very well. Also, the doctor said that she wasn't speaking much or well because she couldn't hear because of all that fluid. So I am a HUGE fan of tubes in ears; it's such a simple procedure and the kids aren't in any pain, especially compared to the pain of an earache. Please call me if you want to hear more.
Amy

Cailean said...

I love your posts! I miss your posts! It will be so fun to see pictures when you can. I hope you're all doing great!