Liz with the boys
This house is just around the corner from us...yow!!
Is this supposed to be fun?
Snow Angels
A walk with no end
The boys and I had a great Saturday, even though our afternoon plans were cut short by the snow that blew in. This morning we visited my friend Liz from grade school (we realized today we had known each other for around 20 years!) in her apartment in West Seattle. We baked and decorated Christmas sugar cookies, and made our own personal pizzas for lunch...yummy! We were going to visit with my parents this evening, but by the time we were supposed to leave Liz's we saw the snow starting to pound down so we decided to head back home. It is always so fun to see my beautiful friend, Liz; that girl and I could talk for hours and never run out of things to say!
After the snow let up a little, the boys and I wanted to take a walk around the neighborhood to see the Christmas lights in the snow. We were having such a great time in the first bit of our walk, that I got a little over ambitious and decided to go for a longer walk than planned. A loop of about 2 miles. Not one of my best ideas. Just around the halfway point, the snow started again and the wind picked up. The baby was in the backpack and I was afraid he was cold. His little cheeks were so rosy! The boys were OK, but getting chilly and ready to be home (as was I!). Josh was moving as slow as a snail because he wanted to walk in only the deepest parts of the snow. I decided to take the baby out of the pack and put him in my coat with me. That slowed us down even more. It was a long, cold journey home. I told the boys not to worry, I watch Bear Grylls on Man vs. Wild and know how to survive in a blizzard. Don't worry, I didn't need to pee on anyone's frozen fingers. Needless to say, we were all happy to see our Christmas lights flickering merrily when we rounded the corner on our street. We survived; and over peanut butter sandwiches and hot cocoa we all congratulated ourselves on our grand snowy nighttime explore. The boys were quick to forget their discomfort and are hoping the snow sticks around tomorrow so we can do it again! Maybe a shorter walk this time....
After the snow let up a little, the boys and I wanted to take a walk around the neighborhood to see the Christmas lights in the snow. We were having such a great time in the first bit of our walk, that I got a little over ambitious and decided to go for a longer walk than planned. A loop of about 2 miles. Not one of my best ideas. Just around the halfway point, the snow started again and the wind picked up. The baby was in the backpack and I was afraid he was cold. His little cheeks were so rosy! The boys were OK, but getting chilly and ready to be home (as was I!). Josh was moving as slow as a snail because he wanted to walk in only the deepest parts of the snow. I decided to take the baby out of the pack and put him in my coat with me. That slowed us down even more. It was a long, cold journey home. I told the boys not to worry, I watch Bear Grylls on Man vs. Wild and know how to survive in a blizzard. Don't worry, I didn't need to pee on anyone's frozen fingers. Needless to say, we were all happy to see our Christmas lights flickering merrily when we rounded the corner on our street. We survived; and over peanut butter sandwiches and hot cocoa we all congratulated ourselves on our grand snowy nighttime explore. The boys were quick to forget their discomfort and are hoping the snow sticks around tomorrow so we can do it again! Maybe a shorter walk this time....
3 comments:
Oh, what a treat to see Liz's shining face on your blog. Christmas cookies and personal pizzas? She knows how to get your boys on her side.
Sorry about your walk - at least it's an adventure for the books. Love you all!
=) Alissa
You are ambitious! What a great mom taking her kids for a snow walk. I bet that will be one of their fun growing up memories.
What a fun day with Liz! Better than the walk, I take it?!
Post a Comment