I know we were a little late on the tree thing, but we wanted to wait until Adam got home to cut and trim our tree, so here we are seven days from Christmas and our tree is finally up!
On Saturday what was supposed to be a quick trip to a u-cut farm for our annual chopping down of the tree, turned into a 3-and-a-1/2 hour drive through Snohomish County! Or as Adam says, a grand tour of the Northern Hemisphere. To make a long story short, not all my memories are accurate about where the tree farms are located; a week-and-a-half before Christmas some u-cut places are sold out; our old favorite u-cut farm has decided to no longer be a u-cut farm (note to self: if you don't see new saplings for two years, chances are good that the farm is closing up shop-or should I say chop?! ha ha!); and in the end the best place to look is close to home. Yep! There is a secret little u-cut farm not ten minutes from our house that we stumbled across when we had finally resigned ourselves to a pre-cut tree lot and were on our way to the boy scout lot by our chapel. The tree farm even had the nicest German couple carefully tending to a sweet little lot of trees by a big run-down barn. It was perfect! And the 3-hour drive we took to get there was actually quite scenic, and the company exceptional.
Last night we decorated our tree, and it was really the first year where everyone really got into it. Usually Adam and I have help for about 5-10 minutes, then the boys get antsy and slowly trickle away. I mentioned this to Adam before we got going last night, and he rallied the troops for a fun decorating fest! The older boys were having a great time picking out their ornaments with comments such as, "Mom! I was only one when I got this one!" and "I made this when I was three!" They even liked seeing my old ones, "Hey guys, this is from when Mommy was only a few weeks old in 1977!" We had a great time and the boys did a lot of the work...the tree looks great, even with the holes and the branches that have 5-plus ornaments on them (good job, Joshie!). 
3 comments:
looks beautiful
That's one of my very favorite things about Christmas. I have such fun memories of decorating with the family. I'm glad your boys had fun! It looks great!
we are totally going to that place next year! your tree is darling! and i especially love the picture of joshie standing on his brothers! too cute!!
Post a Comment