Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Friday, November 9, 2007

Little Pile of Leaves




Most of the trees in the greenbelt behind our house are Evergreens, so we fortunately don't get a huge number of leaves in our yard in the Fall that need raking. But we have one beautiful small-leafed maple tree in the yard, that loses all its tiny little leaves in October/November and attempts to make up for the lack of other deciduous trees. It is lush green in the summer, and the colors in the fall are bright and lovely. It gives shade in the evenings, Ben can monkey around in it, and it provides enough leaves in the fall for a few little piles to jump in. Most of the leaves fell off in the big wind storm that knocked over the other leafy tree, but there were still a few that held their ground, or their branch, as it were. Sadly, the wind today blew these last little clutching leaves off the tree, and scattered them all over the yard and patio. Ben, Josh and I set to raking them up to make the yard pretty for our potential buyers. But before they retired to the yard waste bin, we thought it only fair that the boys get to un-rake them a bit too!

4 comments:

Alissa Maxwell said...

Great action shots. I like the new look, too. I'm going to have to hire you to spruce up my blog. =) It took me weeks just to figure out how to put a picture in the sidebar...

Colleen said...

there is a link at the bottom of my sidebar to sjhblogdesign. She walks you through the steps to add design to the background of your blog. It is for the template you use too, so it is pretty straight forward and easy to follow, just takes a bit of time (maybe 30mins?). Adam switched our template, I like it this way better, but it took longer to do the background stuff because the html was a little different for this template. But it's more fun now!

Alea said...

You quite possibly have the absolute CUTEST kids on the planet earth!! But you already knew that :) And you're a smokin' hot momma in your new picture to the right of your blog "the lady behind the photos." Yowza!!

kim dance said...

I love the action shots! I still can't believe you have 4 BOYS!!! Everytime I see your family picture I am amazed! You are amazing! And yes, you look great! Your hair is so long and gorgeous!