Welcome to Conlin Chaos

Welcome to the family journal that captures the chaos that is the world of Colleen, Adam, Zach, Ben, Josh, Luke, Tommy, and Ruby. Here you will see small snippets of what we see every day.

Come. Enjoy! You know we do!

Friday, December 16, 2016

Sixteen Candles

It is seriously impossible to believe that Zac is 16-years-old.  I completely remember my 16th birthday, and here we are celebrating Zac's!  I'm finding it a little hard to accept.  But thankfully, he is the most wonderful 16yo, so that takes the edge off the pain, just a bit.

A couple of weekends before his actual birthday, we celebrated Zac's 16th with a little 3 v. 3 tournament at one of the indoor soccer facilities in town.  Adam and Zac set up a whole rotation grid and point system to determine the winner of the whole thing.  It was a really good time!  His one friend, Lexi, who doesn't play, was a great cheerleader.  Following the games, we drove the kids back to our house for pizza, cake and a movie.  The kids had a blast and it was exactly how Zac pictured it.  I am so glad our boy had a sweet 16th celebration!

For his actual birthday, a finals day at school, Adam and I gave Zac tickets to see Shrek: The Musical in town.  His first musical!  He really loved it.  We had originally planned to go the three of us, but Zac is now officially a boyfriend (gasp!), so Adam stayed home and I took Zac and Mickey instead.  It was incredibly well done, the talent was fantastic, the music fun, and the set and props were really good.  We hope that our cherished Zac felt exactly that...that he was and is cherished every day for the past 16 years and all the days going forward into forever. 














No comments: